Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM

Madmak is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I only have one controller but I have one Energy Bar 4 by the mixing station, just a USB cable to connect it back to the tank.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 PM

aquatechy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Is that a typo or are you suggesting you can't plumb pumps in parallel?
I was suggesting that AQUARIUM pumps cannot be plumbed in parallel. I have spoken to Reeflo and Iwaki America about this for my previous pumps that I've owned from them, and both have told me that for pumps to run in parallel, they need to have been designed to do so and have to run off a single power source (Reeflo) or a single-phase power supply (Iwaki). Reeflo also stated that most manufacturers of aquarium pumps, themselves included, dont intend their pumps to be used in such a manner.

That being said, the guys over at Iwaki said that the consequence of running aquarium pumps in parallel is just more noise and wear-and-tear on the pump. The only reason I made the above statement is to ensure that someone who's never heard of the concept of pump-linking doesnt use it inappropriately. I appreciate quiet in my house, which is why I went to such lengths to do the research.