Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

I hate all the vehical a with hid. Especially the blue ones
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
I hate all the vehical a with hid. Especially the blue ones
Don't you mean all the aftermarket HID that all these people put in with all the blue bulbs

I have HID's in my Porsche, but they come with the Porsche and it's OEM with the projector lens, and stock color temperature stock bulbs.

They don't realize the higher the color temperature (more blue) you get less distance
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Yes that's what I mean the after market ones. My new kenworth should have HID but there no where near the aftermarket. Maybe ill get some Roo lights
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I replaced the headlights in the wife's car this summer with silverstars. Christmas eve the drivers side bulb burnt out already. Walmart was still open so I just grabbed an $8 bulb and installed it. Driving home on a dark highway the next night I noticed no further distance or brightness from my silverstar bulb compared to my new cheap Wamart bulb. I don't know if I should be disappointed with the silverstar bulb or be impressed with the cheap bulb.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 AM

Mike-fish is on a distinguished road

Good luck with the headlight restore. Dad did that on the van great for about 2 months then 10x worse then before. We ended up buying brand new headlight assemblies for it.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM

Evilweevil is on a distinguished road

So here is what I put in my jeep tj http://man-a-fre.com/pa/ipfx51.htm my headlights were brutal before put these in and there are the best!.... They are extremely bright but on low beam it has a cut off to keep the road bright in front of you but not blind any other drivers .

If the link doesn't work or you want to learn more hey are IPF X51 fatboys they are an offroad aftermarket bulb you won't find them in a store have to order them in ( I tried lots of bulbs before settling on this one never tried HID though)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfishster View Post
Please don't put hid bulbs into headlights without projectors. It blinds everyone else on the road. Just get silver star halogen bulbs
yes please dont! to put hids in you need projectors to focus the the light and direct it onto the road. even with 10% tint i get blinded
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Evilweevil is on a distinguished road

Also make sure you DO NOT TOUCH any bulb before or during install this will lead to premature failure ,and if you do you need to clean it with alcohol ? I believe not quite sure of the correct process I just know not to touch it
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilweevil View Post
So here is what I put in my jeep tj http://man-a-fre.com/pa/ipfx51.htm my headlights were brutal before put these in and there are the best!.... They are extremely bright but on low beam it has a cut off to keep the road bright in front of you but not blind any other drivers .

If the link doesn't work or you want to learn more hey are IPF X51 fatboys they are an offroad aftermarket bulb you won't find them in a store have to order them in ( I tried lots of bulbs before settling on this one never tried HID though)
Almost $100 for a pair of bulbs? Holeee. Plus, if they're for offroad, would that not make them illegal for on road? As far as aftermarket HID installations, I'm pretty sure at least here in BC, if it's not done properly, that is with the correct lens/projector, you are subject to a fine if you get pulled over. Might be a slim chance of that, but still.... you're blinding folks, not safe & risking a possible head on... Slow down a bit at night & don't overdrive your OEM headlights, meaning don't drive any faster than you can see so you're able to stop in time.

Last edited by mike31154; 01-08-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I just wash the covers and they get brighter. Winter driving is dirty.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.