Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 11-22-2011, 05:35 AM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

metal shavings isnt a good sign does the com shaft on the motor spin freely, If not perhaps it could be a bearing at fault
Old 11-22-2011, 06:04 AM

PEA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyjaxon View Post
metal shavings isnt a good sign does the com shaft on the motor spin freely, If not perhaps it could be a bearing at fault
It spins pretty good... I wouldn't say freely (won't spin like a "top")... There is some resistance, but doesn't feel like it's stuck...
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
The brushes should be in the back of the motor, but be careful when you take it apart, the brushes should be placed in a spring loaded housing. Once you have it apart take some photos and post it, if the brushes are gone you need to find some where local that carries them. If not just contacting reeflo. If the brushes are still good check for the contact point between the brushes and the armature, if any rust is present use some emery cloth to clean it up. Before putting every thing back, check for bearing wear since there are metal shaving you might have a bearing that's gone. Also check for continuity on the motor winding, make sure there are no shorts in the motor itself, slap it back it together and see if she will start again. Best of luck.
Thanks for the tips! I'll see if I can find a motor shop to fix it... Sounds like I would screw it up... hahaha
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 PM

Emailed Chris at ReeFlo and he was super helpful with some suggestions. He says I could try "jump starting" it temporarily, and I could send it back for servicing. Great company to deal with! Would not hesitate to buy another ReeFlo product, definitely worth the money!!!

Tags
how-to fix, not turning, not working, return pump