Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-20-2008, 01:27 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
So as soon as you bring up a change that might help everyone and I think and go "yea, that does sound like a fair change" whether or not it affects you or me, it all good in your books, but when I realize something for myself that could helps others, and bring it up as a topic of discussion I gotta stand infront of the firing squad and give reasons for everything?..
First of all you're over reacting, and if there's a firing squad you're the one who supplied the guns. These are all your rules and additions you're going against, you're fighting with yourself. And I clearly said there is nothing wrong with what you want to do, just use the "good deal" clause. All I was hinting at is get a receipt for a small dollar value.

Quote:
I appreciate Scotts post.. It's exactly how I feel to a T!. Yea, I am leading this contest, and now I REALLY wish I wasn't, because its always me taking the crap storm from everyone.
I don't think that's how you feel at all, I think Scott's main point is that 'who really cares' and if you really agreed with him you wouldn't be kicking someone out of the contest in the next thread.

Quote:
Another reason why I made my decision regarding scholar, I'm standing my ground on it... This has gotta be the easiest rule in the whole contest to follow. Heck, even Scott was able to get an update made and he wasn't even at home around that time. If I miss a deadline.. So be it, I'm out.. Same goes for everyone. I'm not bending every single rule or we might as well not have any. I made a SUGGESTION with my previous post, and was only looking for feedback, only to get grilled for it.
First off you're not being grilled so stop crying already, you asked for feedback and that's exactly what you got. Ryan just seemed to be curious to me and I was just telling you to avoid rule changing and use the "good deal" clause.
Also I don't think it would be easy to break into your own house fill a fish tank with water and take a picture, obviously you're not married.

The bottom line here is that you want to bend the rules for your own good but not to help someone else in the contest. Sorry but that's clear as day.

Last edited by sphelps; 11-20-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

As of 9am this morning, I don't give a sh** what anyone does anymore. You guys want scholar left in, fine, I don't care.

I'm not enforcing any rules from here on out.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-20-2008, 04:16 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As of 9am this morning, I don't give a sh** what anyone does anymore. You guys want scholar left in, fine, I don't care.

I'm not enforcing any rules from here on out.
Yeah I know it gets frustrating after a while ahah.

It's hard to get everything sorted out and know what rules should be strictly enforced and which should be more of a guideline...

But either way I'm glad you started this contest because I'm having fun and am very happy with my tank and others thus far. No one else was taking the initiative to start a contest and for doing so I thank you.

Hopefully we can get enough sorted out so that the contest can be even more successful for those in the future who will carry on our legacy... but we will always be the first here on Canreef and sometimes that means a bumpy road.

Perhaps... and I say perhaps because I know it will take some time... we should issue a Full Contest Rules and Guidelines Revision clearly outlining all the rules and guidelines as they sit with all implemented changes (A FTS and undated budget must be posted in the second week of each month to remain in the contest, all LS/equipment replaced under warranty does not need deducted from the budget a second time etc., water and lr (if used) must be in the tank by ___) This way everyone can reference them in one location and they can be easily cut and pasted for the next competition? But again I know that is enough work and we are mostly looking to have fun not make work

Either way lets not sweat the small stuff... try to be honest and lets try and have a good time

Last edited by superduperwesman; 11-20-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Well lets move on then. I think we can all agree to be a little more flexible. Scholer can stay in the contest and JDigital can warranty his fish.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:06 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Agreed.

Honst i had no prob with his fish being warrentied. lets face it. no matter what the reason of them dying is you donot in life have to be honest with your lfs. i hate to say it but you vcan always get fish warrentied depending on how honest you feel like being. some LFS's will warrenty fish no questions asked. where as others will require a water sample etc. but fot people on this site i dont think it is to hard to come up with a good water sample as the majority of us have at minumum one cycled and established tank you could get a sample from.

Also i think its good business to replace fish that passed less than 48 hours after purchase. unfortunatly in the fish buss you have losses no matter what !!!!
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 PM

The crowded looks to the referee... and it's GOOD!

He's gonna allow it! What a deal what a deal... lets get a replay on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Scholer can stay in the contest and JDigital can warranty his fish.

OHHHHH! and it looks just as good the second time... amazing...truly amazing.... a lot of happy people on there puters after that one Jim.

What a night ... what a night!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 PM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
The crowded looks to the referee... and it's GOOD!

He's gonna allow it! What a deal what a deal... lets get a replay on that...

OHHHHH! and it looks just as good the second time... amazing...truly amazing.... a lot of happy people on there puters after that one Jim.

What a night ... what a night!

You need some serious help...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap View Post
You need some serious help...
I think you mean: I give some serious help