Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-12-2019, 05:03 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default Anyone else noticing dashboard chart problems on ApexFusion after updating firmware?

Anyone else having trouble with their Apex Fusion dashboard charts since updating to the newest firmware?

I updated to 5.04 7A18 earlier this week. Immediately the charts stopped working. Had to put a support call in, they advised it was a clock issue and to resolve it, I needed to set the clock to an incorrect time, reboot, set it back to auto-update time and reboot again, and then wait 24 hours. This did work, they started tracking data after 24 hours after the second reboot, but after another day or so after that the charts stopped updating again.

I have put another support call in now and am waiting to hear back.

Is anyone else seeing this???
Old 01-12-2019, 07:24 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

This is happening a lot tons of complaints on the Apex forums about this I’m holding off updating until this is resolved.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
This is happening a lot tons of complaints on the Apex forums about this I’m holding off updating until this is resolved.
Yeah I read the same stuff. I'm also holding off updating until they get this resolved. Plus i'm lazy... So that helps not updating right away too...

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 01-12-2019, 04:58 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Well, annoying as it is, I'm actually a bit relieved if it's a bad firmware issue.

It was actually my first update on my newer unit (the old one had a hardware failure and I had to send it in for repair and it was gone 2-3 weeks). I'm always leery of firmware updates for exactly this reason (this really doesn't help me change my view on that, haha). As it turns out I had to do some shuffling of outlet assignments (my heater was killing the UPS) and do some programming to the skimmer feed pump to prevent it from filling the skimmate locker after a restart) so I figured it was about as good as a time to do this as it ever gets.

But it is a relief to hear it's firmware over hardware. That means it should eventually be fixed, a hardware issue scares me worse since that has the capacity to wipe out a tank (sadly known from experience, which nearly ended me forever in the hobby honestly).
Old 01-12-2019, 11:59 PM

So this might not be firmware after all.

It looks like my issue is that my clock isn't correctly updating to the correct time. I didn't notice this because Fusion was showing me PC time not Apex time so the time looked correct. But the clock on the LED display was way off.

So hopefully this fixes things for now, I guess I'll know tomorrow if the charts are updating then. The clock timesync is an issue then of course, but at least manually setting the clock is an option for the meantime.

Also weird that the dashboard time is PC time. Same as on the local network access too. Odd.