Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Wayne, I just went through your build
Wow, nice stand you started with and, I gotta say, you have collected some super nice corals

Lucky Brad lives so close to get frags
Your growth is amazing ...
Wish you were here so I could raid your tank

That's OK, though, as I have Rich and Chris here for my frags
Old 09-06-2012, 09:50 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Wow dude, I guess it has been a crappy summer for you. I can tell you that I have experienced both good and bad customer service and let me tell you what a difference it makes. I recently had my AI's pc board go down on few units. I contacted AI and within hours I got a reply from Justin, he asked me to do a few tests and came to a conclusion that the first gen pc boards has failed. He offered me to ship out the replacements for free but it will be regular shipping, he also went one step above and offered me expedited service using several different options of shipping which I was glad to pay a little extra to ensure my thousand in corals aren't threaten by a couple of faulty lights. I mean this is almost life and death for the corals, 9 business days probably 13 days without lights is just simply ludicrous! I was very satisfied with the respond time and the quality of service that I received from Aquaillumination and I can tell you that I will be a happy return customer. On the other hand, I have also dealt with some characters that will instantly point there finger at everyone else except for themselves. They will tell you that its never the product but the end user like you must have drop it in water or it has never had a problem like this before or "these are German made product, you know the Germans they always make good stuff...." that was a quote from shamwow(btw they suck). Dealers and distributors have to realize that your responsibility doesn;t end until the warranty period has expired at the very least and not everyone is looking for a free hand out. Get your customer service right and you will get repeat customers, if not then you might as well be in a different business.

Anyways I am just glad that thing has some what worked out for you. Hope to see some cool pics soon. If you need help setting up the apex controller and the calcium reactor I will be more then happy to come out and help. That way I will have an excuse to check out your tank and go ninja on the corals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Reef View Post
Haha! I will try and take some new pics later this week.
Late jul and aug have been trying times for me and the tank...

Had some issue late in July with the profilux standalone doser and had stopped dosing for almost a week ( with exception to a few manual dosing) until I figured out the issue with the doser... The dosing pump for the Mg would not stop... Profilux thought that water had gotten in. Stopped the doser,checked it out and later that week it started to work properly again. It turns out that there was nothing wrong... and it may have had a brain fart moment... ever since it has been working normal again. My ca and Alk are lower then the norm but I have been gradually dosing extra to bring this back.

Then in Aug, one of my radion light failed... The fan stopped working... Bad luck, I guess... called Ecotech, was told that I had to deal with the Cdn distributor. Martin of Modular Led responded to my concerns. From there on it was out of his hands and I had to deal with the distributor on this. Overall, my experience with Martin had been great and he was even empathetic of the situation... I wished my experience with the distributor could have been the same or better...
About 1/4 of the sps browned out as I did not get the replacement light until almost 9 business days later.
Anyways, life goes on... I am still having light issues and it is the programming of the replacement light... I am dealing with ecotech on this and the people there have been great. I call them between 6am and 7am in the morning before work and we are still working on it.
What the problem is is that once the lights are programmed and when i exit the software ( after saving etc...) it does not go through the light cycle and the lights remains on so I have to manually turn it off at night and on in the morning.

I have picked up a Apex controller and also the Radion TIR lens kit. I have yet to install these items and I will once the light programming is fixed.
I am now also considering in getting a ca reactor down the road as I hear so many great things about it...

Back to the tank, surprisingly corals are still growing ( I had only one frag fatality ( STN) and hope things will be back to normal soon. Sould have pics later this week ( I hope)...

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013

Last edited by Bblinks; 09-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Anyways I am just glad that thing has some what worked out for you. Hope to see some cool pics soon. If you need help setting up the apex controller and the calcium reactor I will be more then happy to come out and help. That way I will have an excuse to check out your tank and go ninja on the corals.
Rich, thank you for your support. I may just need your help down the road... Isn't there gonna be a swap on the island in nov? If so expecting you and Linda, Chris, Peter and the gang over and you're welcome crash at my place! Since I am no longer dosing vodka, we can put that to good use then!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Colony Growing Master

Angry Radion light program problem update...

Rob of Ecotech and went over the lights and software again this morning. It looks like we've finally learned why the lights were not running with the light programs...

Rob had me to ungroup all the lights and set up as three separate lights however running the same light program. By doing this we can see which lights are in sync with the software and which one is not. Rob suspects that the one that isn't may have a programming error and will required to be replace.

Well, when I got home this evening from the office I noticed that the original lights I have are in sync with the light program while the replacement light received from the distributor is not. Man, do I have just the worst luck in aug! I'll wait until tomorrow morning and review with Rob from Ecotech before calling Martin on this...
Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

I think you should buy some more frags to cheer yourself up!

Greg
Old 09-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Colony Growing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
I think you should buy some more frags to cheer yourself up!
Greg, thank you for cheering me up! Perhaps after when all this is fixed.

Last edited by Rice Reef; 09-07-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Colony Growing Master

Just got off the phone with Rob at Ecotech... We've concluded that it is the internal clock of the replacement light and needs to be returned.

Here is my next ordeal... Dealing with the distributor again... hope the outcome will be better this time around...
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Round 3.....fight! just kidding, I hope at the very least he can offer you expedited service for all your trouble or maybe even a gift card to the keg or something just for all your troubles. I know if Martin was shipping it out you will for sure get a chocolate bar.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-08-2012, 03:55 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

wayne to you want to borrow my AI fixture? its over a tank that has nothing in it so I don't really need it at the moment
Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Colony Growing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezetyle View Post
wayne to you want to borrow my AI fixture? its over a tank that has nothing in it so I don't really need it at the moment
Hey Jon, Thank you for the offer but I don't think it will be necessary. The replacement light works but the internal clock doesn't so it does not sync to the Ecotech software. Hope to have it replace soon... just waiting to here back from Modular LED now.