Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
The Okanagan valley is a great place to live...snowboarding at Silver Star & Big White is excellent. Nurses are in good demand and there is enough business that you could probably use your Bachelors degree if you wanted to. I happen to have the same degree and I use it in what I do.

As for diving, they do dive in the various lakes around here but obviously they don't have quite the quality of diving available off the coast.

Edit: "Hey my 1000th post!"
No, no, don't move to the Okanagan, you won't like it!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:23 PM

skabooya is on a distinguished road

Advertising much ?? LMAO

How about just apply for jobs everywhere and wherever you both get a job thats where you go.
I have a friend in Mackenzie and they are having a rough time because of the mill too. Shes a teacher like me and her hubby used to work in the mill. Now shes on leave cause of their new baby and no jobs for either of them. So theyre hurting too and looking to move but they want a small town feel, nothing big like van. They are acutally looking at smithers or rupert (rupert is actually starting a boom and a lot of people are starting to move there).
Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 PM

steve fedyk is on a distinguished road

I used to live in Kitamat, and between the snow and rain in that area, you got to love indoors sports. I've lived in Duncan, Victaria and Vancouver. My vote is for in the valley( Langy, abby, chillawack) Its far enough out of the city about a couple hour drive your in the city for shopping, hockey and football games.
All my dads famliy live in PG ecept my dad, sister and I.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 AM

new but handy is on a distinguished road

He Mike where are those canoeing pics taken? That looks more like the Shuswap than the OK. Or is it Mable lake?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:02 AM

chandigz is on a distinguished road

Vancouver island. I live in Nanaimo. There is everything you are looking for within an hour or so, surfing 3 hours away in Tofino too. I'm an indendant painter/subcontractor and things have slowed down(I only have to work 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week now), it's kind of nice. Things seem to be picking up again though, I've got most of my work lined up till the end of summer.