Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any interest in a large Hippo? Vancouver

So for whatever reason, my Hippo just hates my Tusk fish. I can't decide if I can let him go or not but if someone wants him and has a great home, it would make the decision easier. He is VERY thick and healthy and doesn't bother any other fish other than the Tusk. My Sailfin and him get into the odd scuffle but its looking like maybe the Sailfin is starting it.

Anyways, don't know about price yet but it won't be much as a good home is more important. He's about 5-6" I would guess. Eats everything and anything

No smaller than a 180 please. He used to be in a 125 and it was too small for him. This is not first come first take him kind of thing. I want to find the best home I can for him.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 04-06-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:47 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Sorry Man. That's too bad. I'm sure you'll find him a good home though.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 AM

OK, I am already getting PM's saying people will take him with times, dates, prices, ect.

I said this IS NOT FIRST COME FIRST TAKE HIM AWAY.

I just want to get a few options and then decide on a tank I think is best for him. He will not really cost you much, so price is not going to be an issue (whatever you can pay/trade and think is fair).

I prefer to know who you are if possible and know your tank. Im not trying to be difficult but I really want this fish to go to a good home. At this point there is no real rush...he is a bit of a bully towards the Tusk but not at all on the verge of killing him or anything. Its not a dire situation where he has to go tomorrow.

He has some ich still and pretty much always has. It doesn't seem to bother him at all but I should mention that.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 04-07-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Sorry Man. That's too bad. I'm sure you'll find him a good home though.
Yeah too bad but I think for the long term its best.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:17 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I have a 20g he could go in .. he'd be king of the tank. Willing to ship? I can pay for the envelope if need be.

tee hee hee. Sorry man, couldn't resist. Good luck, hope you find him a home. I had a similar dilemma last year letting go of some rabbitfish, but they went to a really good home (way bigger than what they were in) so sometimes these things work out.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I have a 20g he could go in .. he'd be king of the tank. Willing to ship? I can pay for the envelope if need be.

tee hee hee. Sorry man, couldn't resist. Good luck, hope you find him a home. I had a similar dilemma last year letting go of some rabbitfish, but they went to a really good home (way bigger than what they were in) so sometimes these things work out.
You've made me an offer I cannot refuse Tony!

Not too far off of one of the PMs to be honest...about how the tank was kind of small but he would be the only tang and the water is keep 'perfect'...yeah, I doubt he would mind going from a 125 to a 200 and then to a 90...suuuuuure...

I bet it sounds like I am being really defensive about this...and I am. This guy means a lot to me and Im not just going to give him away to the first 280G tank that offers.

Its amazing how presumptuous and bold people are when they think they can get a nice big hippo for cheap

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 04-07-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:36 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I've sold or traded corals or anemones to the wazoo but it was the first time I had ever sold a fish, so I was sort of weirded out by the whole process. But sometimes things have a tendency to work out for the better. Hope things work out one way or the other.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM

Diana is on a distinguished road

Justin let me see if maybe one of our client's tanks would be a good fit for him. We are setting up a couple large systems in the next little bit.... and there is one 500 gallon right now we are cycling that he could go into down the road. I'll let you know when its ready and you can check it out.

Cheers
-Diana

Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Justin let me see if maybe one of our client's tanks would be a good fit for him. We are setting up a couple large systems in the next little bit.... and there is one 500 gallon right now we are cycling that he could go into down the road. I'll let you know when its ready and you can check it out.

Cheers
-Diana
Sounds good Diana.

I will talk to you about it next time I see you.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 AM

Bump...

I may want to get him out this weekend. Its starting to take its toll on my tusk.

Only PM if serious and have a big tank. He is very healthy but does have/get ich. It doesn't bother him at all but just something to be aware of.

We can negotiate a price based on what you can afford.