Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-26-2015, 03:38 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Here's your picture.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-26-2015, 03:41 AM

To insert a photo from photobucket click on the image code next to the picture in photobucket, then go to your post and click the "insert image" icon (the mountains and sun" and paste the image code in the box that popped up.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:06 AM

Chemi is on a distinguished road

Thanks Instar! That's great! So, same question applies, is the right side too square?
Old 08-26-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
What is your RO system rated for? It shouldn't take days to fill a brute container unless your membrane is plugged up or you have a problem with the flow restrictor.
I'm rated at 75 g per day. I got it off a canreefer when he shut down his system. He told me the membranes were still relatively new. Should I change out the sediment filter as a start? The line for the RO I'd T'd off from my washer so it's still good house water through pex line. He mentioned that perhaps that line doesn't have enough pressure to put out much more. It's not a stream, but not drip by drip, it's kinda a stream like drip. I done have the brand or model, he had lost he papers.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemi View Post
I'm rated at 75 g per day. I got it off a canreefer when he shut down his system. He told me the membranes were still relatively new. Should I change out the sediment filter as a start? The line for the RO I'd T'd off from my washer so it's still good house water through pex line. He mentioned that perhaps that line doesn't have enough pressure to put out much more. It's not a stream, but not drip by drip, it's kinda a stream like drip. I done have the brand or model, he had lost he papers.
You should have about 60psi on that line so I don't think that is a problem. Credible membrane manufacturers rate their membrane at normal household pressures. Some RO units come with adjustable flow restrictors which need a lot of attention and if not set right can give you problems, Aquasafe has these. How much waste water are you getting? Usually 4:1 is normal so if you fill up a cup of ro water you should get about 4 cups of waste water, if you are getting a lot more waste water than that you have a problem. Sediment filters are cheap so it can't hurt to change it. My unit has an inline flow restrictor with a valve that cam be opened to back flush the membrane out, if you have this on yours give it a 5 minute flush.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:55 PM

I don't have a back flush feature. I checked the TDS and it's not zero anymore so I guess I'll change the sediment filter and see if that fixes my problem.
On a more positive note, I think I've decided on the rock scape does this look alright? I have 1 power head top left and the other in the bottom middle facing the right. The canister intake is on the right corner. I'm debating on adding the other canister on the left somewhere just for extra filtration. Should I? Seems like there isn't any room for anything else with all the rocks and power heads lol
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Aquascape looks good. If you have a small flat piece, you could add a bridging piece to the two small right side rocks to form another tunnel/cave.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:57 PM

I added another rock where you recommended, I like the way it looks now. Thanks!
So I have a small problem. I mixed up my I stand Ocean salt, and my parameters are slightly off. My SG is 1.0255 and my pH is 7.74. How can I increase my pH without adding to any other parameters? Like adding baking soda would add to the hardness but increase pH. Should I just purchase some 'pH up'? My test kits are in the mail receiving on Monday so these are the only parameters I know as of right now.
Thanks Guys!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:26 AM

Wow! What a busy month! I'm kinda upset with myself I didn't continue to share my creation. Checked parameters today
PH 8.1
SG 1.024
Ca 375
Mg 1440
Alk 11 dKH
PO4 slight - added Phoz Buster
NO3 0
Last water change was about a week ago. Have added a few more inhabitants slowly throughout the month. These include the usual cleaners; crabs, snails, cleaner and peppermint shrimp. Green chromis, bangai cardinal, bicolor blenny, yellow tang because They are gorgeous! Have a few corals that have been added as well (highlight of having a marine tank) torch coral; which is doing 100x better once he got moved, I think it's branching! Pulsing xenia; love it's little fingers. Monti cap; having a hard time finding it's sweet spot. I think it was getting kinda bleached so it was moved lower and somewhat shady. Neon candy cane, glows in my lights. Zoas! Love zoas! So many choices I want them all lol! And a pink birdsnest. I like the spiky - ness. I think it's really happy, has a very vibrant pink color. And of course, toadstool leather. Hopefully I'll be able to upload some pics tomorrow when the lights are on thanks for caring guys!