Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 09-22-2011, 03:16 PM

Rayne is on a distinguished road
Default Where to buy large tanks

Hey everyone,

I'm in the planning stages of a future 300G tank build and trying to source a good place to buy the tank, stand & sump. This is going to be a show tank in my living room and I'm planning on just doing a freshwater tank for now. I live in Prince George and as you guys probably know already there isn't much of a market up here for large tanks, so I'm looking for a builder. Who do you guys buy your tanks from? I am not opposed to driving to one of the larger cities (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary) and picking it up if need be. I'm looking for a recommendations for who this community considers is a quality builder and where some of the locals might have sourced their tanks.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

i got my 300g custom done in Calgary. My builder doesn't seem to be doing many any more but I hear good things of Concept Aquariums (I think they sponsor here). That would be where I would start.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:10 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Concept in Calgary. Worth the drive. If you give them a rough idea, and then ask them to design it they will come up with some cool options. Especially if you use words like "sleek" and "tidy".

Some sleek options...polished edges, black silicone, external overflow, trimless, euro-braced, drilled for closed loop. Oh the list goes on.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 09-22-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 PM

KPG007 is on a distinguished road

I was at Oceanic on the weekend and they had a 300g Marineland Tank and stand for an amazing price. Give Paul a call if you're interested. Also, they build tanks and/or can source out a builder for you.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:25 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll definitely check out Concept in Calgary. I got abChaos' 300G build thread bookmarked because he documented it so well and I'll be incorporating a lot of his ideas into my own tank.

@kpg007 - Where is Oceanic?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Oceanic Corals is in Aldergrove.

Theres a 500gal for sale locally with stand for $1350 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78379

Most retailers can bring in Marineland DD tanks. Even our Total Pet can. Progressive Reef has a 300gal 6'x3'x2' Marineland for sale right now http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78245

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 09-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
Oceanic Corals is in Aldergrove.

Theres a 500gal for sale locally with stand for $1350 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78379

Most retailers can bring in Marineland DD tanks. Even our Total Pet can. Progressive Reef has a 300gal 6'x3'x2' Marineland for sale right now http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78245
Yeah that tank has been on Kijjii all summer. I'd do it but that is a LOT of tank and I was wanting to do a bean animal overflow. Not really wanting a 3' deep tank either.