Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums > Concept Tank Journals

Old 05-02-2015, 01:16 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

ran out of k-balance so i hooked up my last pump for this new bottle.

also found a sweet red and orange goniopora, pretty small and hard to see the colours in the pic, really should get on a better camera ( or an actual camera for that matter)

my wild acro is now all blue and hints of green, still tan polyps, hoping for orange.. here is the progression of the colour - had some problems with mag and had to save a bunch and fragged it out.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:24 AM

some new fish, Hoeven's wrasse, yellow eye tang and a purple fairy wrasse. the red coris is getting bigger, still not too much of a trouble maker.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:28 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

That wild Acro is purdy! I think you're going to get green polyps if anything.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:07 AM

today my dog kept whining at the tank... aparently all he wanted was to check out the clowns lol. he now sits on the couch and watches them..

flower pots are going crazy lately..

still trying to raise alk.. has been at 5.9 dkh for almost a week, corals dont seem to mind. I have been upping my alk and calc dose everyday and not much change... i did just get mag to sat at 1350, maybe it is allowing for higher consumption of alk and calc.. anyone have ant ideas for this sudden usage, now at 56ml/day from 6ml/day 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:34 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Don't use your doser to raise your alk in snall increments that will take forever adjusting here and there , just add in bulk sodium bicarbonate into some ro water and bulk dose it just don't add more than 1dkh a day is all even half a dKH would have you there in days
Old 05-05-2015, 03:36 AM
R.I.P.

56 mls a day is nothing I do that in my 40g with a lsrhe heavily stocked sps tank wait until it's 256mls a day lol I know someone who uses 1g a week of bicarbonate solution that's over 3500 MLS in 7 days incredible really when you divide it down
Old 05-05-2015, 03:42 AM

K sweet thanks, i was afraid of raising alk too quickly
Old 05-05-2015, 03:50 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef View Post
K sweet thanks, i was afraid of raising alk too quickly
Most people are raising alk in ten mins from 5 to 7 is likely harmful spreading it out over a day or two will be fine and dose them in larger doses , your still going to have to find out your daily consumption and get that fixed for the doser but don't use the doser to raise the tank by 2 dKH you have to remember about consumption so you'd have to set the doser pretty darn high lol
Old 05-05-2015, 03:55 AM
R.I.P.

If you need to find out how much bicarbonate to dissolve , go to a reef calculator like the one on brs, add your water volume, current level and desired level and choose dry sodium bicarbonate crystals and It will tell you how many grams it takes to raise the tank , then since your raising around 2dkh divide that number by 2 to split the dose in half or by 4 if you want to raise it by 0.5 dKH a day roughly
Old 05-05-2015, 06:03 AM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

I'm currently at 125ml daily and that's with a restart lol. Before I restarted the tank I was pushing about 175ml daily and 200mb of calcium. Do what denny said and go to bulk reef supply calculator. Figure how much alk your using daily and what your aiming for. Not that since you are using zeo I have notice that with zeovit reactors and zeolites you tend to use less carbonate so monitor that closely. each time when I changed the zeolites I would have to retest and lower my daily carbonate dosing then slowly increase as the bacteria builds. Same goes for potassium. Zeobit seems to love potassium.
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851