Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 08-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road
Default 30 bow is FINALLY up and running.

Just had to share some pics, none of my real life friends could care less about the time and planning this took.
Would love some constructive criticism and suggestions from fellow reefers.
I have 2 clowns, a clown goby, a bunch of astraea, red striped and clumsy snails, there is a banded coral shrimp, an electric blue hermit with some regular blue legged hermits and some zebra hermits as well and a royal gramma who hides until dinner and then hides again (useless...lol) along with a bunch of corals I bought in an aquapod and moved into here.
I have an xp1 for extra volume and flow, it's stuffed with LR to the brim though, their is a red sea prizm skimmer and a korelia 2 powerhead as well. No heater, my appt seems to be the ideal ambient temp for the size of tank I have and the coralife cf 50/50 65watt seems to be enough light so far.
thanks for taking a minute to look.
Kennedy.

Last edited by Whatigot; 09-02-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:11 PM

mr_alberta is on a distinguished road

Looks like a good start, but I would kill all that aiptaisia before it spreads even more.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

I love the way they look though....lol.
any reccomendations on removal method?
cheers.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Heh the first couple look neat but then after they turn into hundreds and kill all your other stuff they're not so neat.

I've had success with Joes Juice, I just slowly squirt it nearby the aiptasia moving in closer as I squirt so that it actually "eats" the stuff. Other people have had success with a concentrated kalk solution.

One thing about "treating" these things, just do a couple at a time, especially in a smaller tank. The release of the joes or Kalk can overwhelm a smaller tank (IMO) so I would just do a couple every few days with maybe a water change in between.

Perhaps someone that has treated them in a smaller tank can chime in here with their experiences.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

I have had success with boiling water and a syringe. You have to be pretty quick to stick it before it retracts, but it seems to have worked for me.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:35 PM

fishface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I have had success with boiling water and a syringe. You have to be pretty quick to stick it before it retracts, but it seems to have worked for me.
works for me as well but i've got a bit of a "twist". after i've roasted the aptaisia and the syringe is empty, i suck the rest of the tissue into the syringe. less chance of it coming back to haunt you.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
works for me as well but i've got a bit of a "twist". after i've roasted the aptaisia and the syringe is empty, i suck the rest of the tissue into the syringe. less chance of it coming back to haunt you.

ooh good one!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

I have some joes juice kicking around so I will try that, when that runs out, the boiling water method sounds like it's worth a shot and pretty economical.
The other thing that just occured to me is when I bought alot of this LR from anthony (seahorsefanatic) he mentioned that a spraydown with white vinegear works very well but it slipped my mind until just now. I am assuming that vineagar in a syringe would work just as well....
he has not led me astray so far so I think I have a pretty good arsenal here.....
thanks alot guys.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:44 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

I've done lemon juice in a syringe with no problems. It works really well when your able to stick their stalks. They also bloat and turn purple a few moments after you've gotten them.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Apparently it's time for some new friends too!