Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

My younger daughter Isabella started Kindergarten this month. Wow, where has all those years flown off to? Seems like just a little while ago we were bringing her home from the delivery room/hospital and now she's started school already.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

tempus fugit
Old 09-16-2016, 03:24 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
This is so tough not to touch.....
Don't have herpes - found some aiptasia in my old LR. Never had any for years in the old display. I epoxied over some years ago, so only thing I can think of is the little buggers survived all this time and sprouted when I broke the rock apart
Old 09-24-2016, 05:12 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I find it funny that when I tell people I am a shift worker that works 12 hr shifts (4 shifts on 2 days 2 nights and 4 off) they usually look at me like I'm a basket case and then will almost invariably ask the same question every time "why would I ever work shift?"

I've never had a "standard" Monday to Friday job in my 30 years in the work force and I've never had a job with weekends off and I've been doing this current shift for 20 years and I love it.

I also like the fact I don't have to be a sheep and be herded every Friday, Saturday and Sunday with all the other regular people. It's fun and refreshing to have week days off and do things leisurally without having to force my way through the throngs of weekend warriors to do something "relaxing".

It isn't for everybody and I work with my share of shift workers who hate it but won't leave it because the pay cut would be huge so they stay and whine every chance they get but I've always liked it and you could say I've thrived on it
Old 12-07-2016, 01:19 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Anyone remember the name of that thread where everyone was posting pics of their sump/under tank area?

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Let's see your sump?
Old 12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
I find it funny that when I tell people I am a shift worker that works 12 hr shifts (4 shifts on 2 days 2 nights and 4 off) they usually look at me like I'm a basket case and then will almost invariably ask the same question every time "why would I ever work shift?"

I've never had a "standard" Monday to Friday job in my 30 years in the work force and I've never had a job with weekends off and I've been doing this current shift for 20 years and I love it.

I also like the fact I don't have to be a sheep and be herded every Friday, Saturday and Sunday with all the other regular people. It's fun and refreshing to have week days off and do things leisurally without having to force my way through the throngs of weekend warriors to do something "relaxing".

It isn't for everybody and I work with my share of shift workers who hate it but won't leave it because the pay cut would be huge so they stay and whine every chance they get but I've always liked it and you could say I've thrived on it
It's not for everyone but finding an unconventional job situation like shift work or being self-employed (like I am) has it's perks. For me, I get to work at home, raise my own kids, and see/play/teach/cook for my little girls while they're young. I never saw much of my dad growing up cause he worked 1 pm to 11 pm M-F. So we'd see him on the weekends mainly. I want to be more available for my kids while they are small cause next thing I know, Felicia and Isabella will be asking to borrow my car keys and off they'll go, doing their own thing. If I was working at a "job", I'd choose shift work cause 12 hour days is no problem for me and I'm a night owl anyways so working nights is fine too. Better to work 48 hours in 4 days and then have the next four days off. Glad you found something that makes you happy and suits your lifestyle/personality.

Anthony
Old 12-07-2016, 11:52 PM
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Anyone remember the name of that thread where everyone was posting pics of their sump/under tank area?
This one? http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89683
Old 12-08-2016, 01:21 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
No, it was much newer...maybe 2015?

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:49 AM
On Hiatus

I give ... can't find anything else, except the July 2015 'Thinking outside the box' pic contest with Warren's sump.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=115466