Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhasan View Post

I'm wondering about GFO and maybe you can help. I'm thinking of ordering this stuff from BRS. I'm not too sure how much to use at a time or how much 1 or 2 lbs will last me. I'm sure it varies from tank to tank but whats the general rule of thumb?
IME there's a big difference in the regular stuff and the High Capacity stuff. I tried the regular in an effort to save a bit, but ended up going through it way faster and I believe ended up costing me more in the long run.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 PM

DigitalWeight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
IME there's a big difference in the regular stuff and the High Capacity stuff. I tried the regular in an effort to save a bit, but ended up going through it way faster and I believe ended up costing me more in the long run.
Agree, the high capacity stuff seems to last longer than the regular. I have been impressed with it.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:26 PM

Default My New Sump

In anticipation of the new sump I am building, I just received my new sump in the mail. It is a Reef Octopus NW110 - I fit it into the 29 gallon sump tank and it does take some good room but now that I have it I can start to really plan out how big each section is. Anyone have experience with this sump and can provide any tips/tricks?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:30 AM

Default New Tank Build - Nano no more

Well, it happened. After much deliberation, promising my wife some new Tory Burch shoes, and a total excitement for the hobby I just put in an order with Denny at Concept for a 48x24x24 120 gallon tank. Once things get started I will post a new build thread basically to docuement the journey. First step will be to build the stand......
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 AM

Default Lost a Clam Today

Sucks today as when I got home my clam died. I noticed it acting a bit weird yesterday as the mantel was not reacting as it usually does. I inspected it and didn't see anything overly strange with it. My hope was that it was reacting to something and it would pass - rookie mistake.

Did a water test and it checks out ok:

Am: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 15
Cal: 485
kH: 7.28
Mg: 1310
Salinity: 1.026

Research suggests that this can happen, but it still sucks. I won't add another one until the new tank is set up and established.

Tags
aio, digitalweight, nano, tank journal