Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-11-2008, 01:45 AM

CLINT is on a distinguished road

Well lets say after the night Ive had I iwsh I'd never done IT.The pain was bad but in the night I slipped and of course the only thing in the way was my knee.Im hoping that this is going to be a short setback and not a re-start point.The reason they did the surgery is that my knee would let go whenever without notice.standing,walking and even sitting down sometimes.I've worked on the river since I was 16 and have very strong legs thats the only thing they think kept it together at all.That being said I am way too active a person not to have a good knee.My whole life has been on hold since I injured it and I wasn't prepared to change my lifestyle yet.I just hope that it gets better than it was because I know perfect is to much to ask for.Clint
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 AM
UnderWorldAquatics

3 left knee reconstructions... ACL MCL and missing ALOT of Cartilidge! My whole body is a wreck.... Lots of physio and you should be good to go. dont slack on physio!!!
My knees are destroyed but because of physio I still snowboard and drop 50ft cliffs boardercross, and big table tops.... motocross, hike, and race vintage cars(heavy clutch!!!)
didnt say I was smart.....
Old 06-11-2008, 02:48 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

3 knee surgeries, One to repair a shattered kneecap and torn acl and mcl.
Nasty operation, Have a nice plastic kneecap{made by Dow} and have 2 knee's scoped as well..hmmm that makes it sound like I have 3 knee's
Re-phrase that...2 scopes done on my other knee...The major operation was no fun at all. 3 days in hospital {they wanted me to stay for a week, Yuk...and 6 months in a full leg cast and 2 years in physio and rehab. I must say that of all the operations the one I have the least problems with is the biggest one...Have had minor issues with the scoped knee on and off over the years..The price of getting old...I don't understand why they did a surgury on you unless you were in pain, usually they try physio and rest to see if it comes around..I hope you feel better soon though..Lots of ice on the knee...