Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 AM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
I wanted espresso finish but this one is the 'modern light' finish and I like it.

I've run AC 250 14k and it was an awesome bulb. Same quality in this wattage? I was going to run the Phoenix 250w in the SunPod since it's a good and cheap bulb and I wondered if the 150w version was also good. Both are good choices?

I'll start slow with a few lps but this tank will eventually be mostly SPS if the lighting allows it.
phoenix bulb is a good choice, very intense blue for the first while. Really gives the lacking color when you don't have actinics. last 3 bulbs have been phoenix 14k 150w on my tank
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 AM

shrimpchips is on a distinguished road

Pretty soon you're going to end up with a 1.5g pico. And then where will your chaetoballs roll free?

Since all your creative juices weren't exhausted on desiging this build, I'm expecting some schweet stuff inside that glass box!

edit: Hope your wife is doing much better!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:49 AM

plutoniumJoe is on a distinguished road

Another build with the type of attention to detail some can only aspire to.

Looks great and style points all around.

Foxface, Naso, Coral Beauty, 2 Clowns, 2 Chromis, Orange Anthias, and Striped Goby.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:49 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Nice orb!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Still doing my freshwater test while I wait for the following to arrive (wait is KILLING ME):

Tunze 9002
Custom Collection cup to fit Solana
Tunze Osmolator
Tunze 6025
BRS 2-part Chems, RO/DI membrane
150w Radium 20k

The done list:

Wired up my new Ranco temp controller today (had sold old one along with my Osmolator when I shut down the last tank). There were a few extra steps/parts since I made a mistake and ordered the 24V (not 120V) version but it's keeping my tank temp perfectly now.

Removed stock pump and have a dead silent (and cooler) MJ600 in there now.

Added sand after a thorough rinsing. Sand is CaribSea and is a nice mix of finer grains with some coral/shell bits.

Wired and attached moonlights. Not sure of the brand but there are 3 LEDS which are tie-wrapped to part of a black plastic coat hanger piece. This is in turn tie-wrapped to the pendant arm.

Guts of my stand not as clean and organized as my old one and i totally don't care =) I plan to frost the glass so my shameful pile of cords is hidden. Will have a small topoff reservoir on the bottom shelf...fancy tupperware or something.

Last edited by lastlight; 04-21-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Looks great Brett!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!

Got my Osmolator hooked up and doing its thing with a dead sexy ice-cream pail for a reservoir. Tunze includes nice magnet mounts rather than the old ladder/screw style ones I previously had. Big improvement although I carelessly had both magnet halves in my hand and forgot for a moment...nice blood blister on my finger now where they came together.

My skimmer is waiting for a collection cup that fits in this tank. I quickly plugged it in and the Tunze Silence pump in the thing is very quiet so already a step up from stock. The air intake seems really loud but I think I got water in it so hopefully when it dries out and the unit is in salt water it'll be quieter.

Still waiting for the BRS stuff so I can get salty. I'm not a patient person!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:48 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Who are you and what have you done with Brett!?

Congrats buddy... Looks awesome where it is... Now you got me thinking about doing one in the new place next month..

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 AM
Gold Member

Josh this MAMMOTH tank is a whopping 20" high. I don't think as an ex-shallow reefer you can even entertain the notion =)

On a serious note...you def need to keep your chaetoBalls salty so DO IT UP.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

well this is one seriously kicked up little cube!.......lookin schweeeeeeeeet mang

I also agree that Josh's cheatoballs should stay salty
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694