Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Awsome design... You said you weren't going overkill, I don't think you can do it. Those images are killer and I think it will look awesome. You have some great talents with DIY Aquarium setups.

Also great news on the wife... If you ever want to talk, PM me anytime... Cancer runs wild in my family, and I have lost many family members to all types of Cancer... My mother left us a couple years ago.

FYI, My wifes father has lung cancer, and he never smoked and is health contious... Go Figure!!! Anyways he was suppose to be gone several years ago now, but has been taking this miracle drug. I can't remember the name, but my wife will know it. It isn't something that is covered by medical, and will cost about $3K per month, but it is like he doesn't have cancer and has given him more time... Now in saying this, he was just delivered some bad news that the drug is starting not to work and the lung cancer is progressing again, but hopefully he gets another 1-2 years he didn't have before. AND REMEMBER HE GOT 3 YEARS, that the doctors said no way to.

Our thoughts are with you, Have a great holiday and cherish all the time that you all have together. You never know what can happen.

R

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Great drawings Are you making your own stand again ?

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Make sure you put tile over EVERYTHING. In fact even the white couches so that they'll match. Comfort? We don't need no steeeeken' COMFORT man. (Put it next to the badgers..)
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Hey Brett, for access to the tank, you could do the same thing with those killer sliding doors like on the old build. Those were sweet! Two 15" doors would work ok don't you think?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:33 AM

Dez is on a distinguished road

I'll have to admit Brett, I'm quite disappointed that you didn't include pheasant balls as part of the decor, and the twigs in a vase thingamagic....

Although the rest looks sweet. Hurry up and sell your house already so I can drool over some real pics instead of fantasy google sketch pics
Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

131G to go..

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 12-22-2009, 02:32 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

I saw on the home page '94 cube' and thought wtf how did I miss this? Only to realise it was 'sizecreep' from the 70.

"Stand will be only 30" this time".... Lol! And weigh only 300lbs instead of 400?

Good luck with this Brett! Its going to be stellar!

Hope Brianne is still doing better!

Cheers,

Chris
Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 AM

Palmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karazy View Post
good to see your back in. whos building the tank anyways?
also, SWC makes some wonderful low priced skimmers, take a look into that maybe.
+1 To the SWC skimmers I just set up an Extreme 200 and the bubble production is awsome. I am really happy with it so far.

Congrats on the news Brett
Old 12-22-2009, 03:17 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

Sweet new design Brett.
You need to put the top canopy on a delorean gullwing system..
Old 12-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone for compliments on the plans and kind words for my wife. She's kickin' butt. She's going to be home until Jan 5th, tumour is much smaller, lungs are rockin' and I gave her a killer haircut. All been good news lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Great drawings Are you making your own stand again ?
Yeah definitely. I'd love to use white acrylic for the skin but I'm not sure how to do that having never worked with the stuff before. I don't think a glossy paint is going to cut it for me. My budget may force me to go the paint route tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Make sure you put tile over EVERYTHING. In fact even the white couches so that they'll match. Comfort? We don't need no steeeeken' COMFORT man. (Put it next to the badgers..)
Tile may still happen wiseass! I'd likely wreck a bunch of plexi...but a nice white marble or something would rock ass. Thx dude lol. I'm having dreams about a white marble that comes in 30x30 pieces...I need to see if that is possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
you could do the same thing with those killer sliding doors like on the old build
Those won't work because I want access to the whole top of the tank. The slides would mean maybe 20" of centered access but I want to access all 3 sides. I'm in the basement so I probably won't have a very high ceiling...but if I could have the canopy slide up into a recess on a lift...

Not budget friendly. Magnets on all 3 sides may be the answer if I go plexi. Tiles...no idea yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
I'll have to admit Brett, I'm quite disappointed that you didn't include pheasant balls as part of the decor, and the twigs in a vase thingamagic....

Although the rest looks sweet. Hurry up and sell your house already so I can drool over some real pics instead of fantasy google sketch pics
Google sketchup stinks. If I wasn't on a mac I'd fire up 3ds max or something and make it more pretty. I gace up on piping etc...I'm used to 4 viewports! And our house listed today and we had our first showing tonight! Still sitting here hoping we hear an offer...but it's a GOOD sign! Then it is ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky_Fish14 View Post
I saw on the home page '94 cube' and thought wtf how did I miss this? Only to realise it was 'sizecreep' from the 70.

"Stand will be only 30" this time".... Lol! And weigh only 300lbs instead of 400?
That is the creep limit I promise you that. I have to make this tank budget proof or something. It needs to HAPPEN. The 18" height still sounds good but I want big colonies. Formosa Forest dreams have I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
+1 To the SWC skimmers
I really have no clue about skimmers. In choosing the skimmer and light for the last tank I basically asked myself which looked the best and was considered THE SHIZZ. This time around I'm asking myself what's pretty cheap and not too many people rag on. It's between the Vertex IN-100, Bubble Magus BM160 and the Octo Extreme 200. I'd likely get the BM160 but the other vendors I'm more familiar with...not sure yet.