Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Great looking Tank Sarah!

The side by side pic effect makes it look even sweeter..
Old 10-11-2006, 05:51 PM

Manny is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Cool tank. I can understand how frustating it can be with a tall tank, mine is 24.5 inches and I get frustated with that, but I love the aquascaping you have done. I really like the pillar of rock look. That look inspired my tank.

it's not the size of the fish, it's the motion in the ocean!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road
Default The resurrection of a thread AND the tank!!!!

After 5.5 years I figured I should update this...the tank is still running but I will say it's neglected BADLY! I only have a pair of False Percula's in the tank, some snails and a few gorgs, ricordea, cashmere shrooms, superman mushrooms and a leather or 2. Since we bought me a job (I left my job of 21 years and decided I needed to be my own boss, good God what was I thinking?!) the tank took a very very far back seat. The other tanks were either sold or rehomed to my work...as well as the 10 foot long tank we have at work took up a bit of time.

I have done NOTHING to this tank in years....I still have the Aqualight Pro 150w/PC light on it, Remora skimmer, and the numerous powerheads. At work we just switched our Aqualight Pro 250w from PC lights (YUCK) to the Hagen Glo T5HO ballast and end caps.....WOW what a huge improvement and it fits inside the light like a glove!!!! SO easy...so I figured I'd do the one at home also....and then I opened my Christmas present and found a LOVELY Kessil 350!

To say this is a nice light is an understatement!!! It's stunning! I am eager to get the tank back to nice looking again. I have a few fish that need to come home with me, some corals to bring it back to a beautiful system and then I'll post pics. I LOVE this light! Got me interested in the tank again that's for sure. I even did a water change (first one in a very long time) so the clownfish are pretty happy!

BUT on the other side...if you own an Aqualight Pro light...do the T5HO swap and get the PC's out of there...it's SO incredibly easy and the difference is like night and day!!!! And cheap too...the unit I think was about $80.00...comes with the ballast and end caps...you use the original reflectors and done! The Aqualight from this tank will be refitted and used on a coral tank at work.

Can't wait to see this tank in good condition...was a bit sad to look at the pictures and look at it now

Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

LOL, I'm impressed that you still have it running actually. I'd love to see photos of it once you get it all tickety boo. I've always liked the idea of the taller tanks but never figured out how to light them properly.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

The kessil 350 is a great little light. Packs a lot of punch in such a small package with no frills :-) Great hex tank and I can totally see the kessil working very well over it!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:06 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Tank is empty....sitting waiting for a new home....tank, stand and sump $150.00 it needs to leave...no more tanks at home for me!