Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road
Default Drawing Progression

I'm apprenticing at a tattoo shop here in town and thought it'd be neat to show a progression of a drawing I'm doing. It's for nobody in particular, but fun nonetheless!

Pic 1: Innitial layout
Pic 2: Trying to figure out scales...I hate scales
Pic 3: Adding wind and initial shading

Still lots more to go, but it's not bad for a days worth of drawing LOL

Old 12-17-2008, 06:20 AM

Keri is on a distinguished road

Very nice!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 AM

thanks, Keri...still a long ways to go, but it eases the brain after a long day of....more drawing LOL
Old 12-17-2008, 06:42 AM

Keri is on a distinguished road

Ha! I know sometimes it helps to take a step back and look at it in another format

I have the utmost respect for tattoo artists, I can draw but I can NOT tattoo a picture to save my life! (fortunately my only "victims" are animals and i can keep it to legible ID letters and numbers)
Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM

it's definately something that takes loads of practice. I've only been able to tattoo family and friends quite yet, but boss figures a couple more months and I'll start being able to handle clients. I got to scrub toilets, handle phone calls, deal with setting up and tearing down stations for over a year before I even got my first machine...then 6 months after that it was pig legs...mmmm pig legs (I wonder why I can't eat pork anymore??) and finaly onto my self then my father... So it's taken me about 2.5 years to get to where I am now...Quite the oldschool way to do it, much better than buying a "LEARN HOW TO TATTOO LIKE A PRO" kit off of Ebay...

anyways, shop party is today, so there will be plenty of rum and eggnogg flowing!

Take care,
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

dabandit is on a distinguished road

Ever hear of a site called inkednation? I dont know how to politelly put this,here goes....the plain of the face is waaaay off,the eyes are on the wrong plain and the mouth is jacked these are some very common rookie mistakes with drawing. You are a long way away from being ready to tattoo and I seriouslly hope your mentor feels the same way. I mean this as politelly as possible. Did I mention I am a tatooist.....anyway get off your computer and get back to drawing lol
Go check out inkednation if you havent allready you'll find some great pointers there to help up your drawing ability. Feel free to check my profile there if you like my name there is stoneguy2 I am allways willing to give an honest opinion and pointers if you are willing to listen.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:40 PM

I know I'm a long way off from doing anything of this nature (thanks for the pointers..I'll have to re do them on the next step)...and am totally prepared to do kanji for a while until everyone thinks I'm ready...I'll check out that site you mentioned and look up your profile...thanks!

....it's very easy to get excited about drawing LOL
Old 12-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Banned

Nice piece none the less,good flow good imagination you'll be a killer artist in time
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

Curious this is a fish site and your diggin kanji wheres the koi lol
Old 12-17-2008, 03:53 PM

thanks....it makes for long days...drawing 5 sets of flash a week, working on some of my own drawings and then keeping up the tank...but it's all self inflicted!

I was trying to go for more of the traditional painting look for the dragon head, but I can see now what you mean..I think the eyes are a little small too now that I look at it...oh well, back to the drawing board (literally!)

Koi will be coming! I've got another drawing I'm working on of a koi....Koi tails are my arch nemises. I'll have to go find some drawings at the shop today