Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-29-2017, 02:56 PM

dino is on a distinguished road

its time for an update please
Old 11-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Vendor

JamRobo is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, sorry for the long time with no updates been crazy busy.

Since i posted ive made a few changes / additions.

I added all the racking which is black egg crate i ordered from the US, the eggcrate is 4" off the bottom of the tank to leave lots of room for my workers ( fish ) to eat algaes as well as allowing lots of flow to circulate on the bare bottom.

I found a 25Gallon clear cylinder tank that i painted black and am going to use for my ATO, the tank will go over a week without the auto top off water having to be filled.
Currently vinagar bathing as it had vape oil in it before and in sharpie 12mg on the front, either being nicotine or thc haha im not sure.

Ive added another tank to the sump system for a refugium. I found a 20 gallon and drilled / bulk headed it to connect to my equipment sump.
The water drain down from the main tank into a 50G full of live rock, from there it drains through the top corner of the 50G to the 30 Gallon oceanic sump where my equipment is. There was a spot for a exterior return pump on the oceanic that i used to connect the 20G refugium. All the sump tanks have custom made acrylic lids i cut out and am painting black to help reduce evap and condensation in the stand.

Im using a ball valve off the return plumbing to feed the refugium and it drains itself back into the equipment tank.

I glued a few baffles in the refugium and filled about 3" of crushed coral. I then clumped fiji mud on one side and planted 20 red mangroves.
I mixed the remained of the fiji mud with a 20# bag of arag alive black sand, turned into a soupy mess.... i poured it ontop of the crushed coral / miracle mud and then topped it with about few inches of crushed coral. It runs perfectly, had a hell of a time getting it all set up but im 100% happy with the system and confident it will be a self sustained low nutrient system...

I also added 6000 pods to refugium tanks,

I had the most minor diatom bloom and starting to see a tiny bit of fuzz growing on the coral plugs etc but for the most part the tank has stayed very clean.

Im amazed at how well Prodibio start up worked for the tank, it instantly cycled this 400+ gallon system. I had fish and corals in 2 days after seeding and everything has taken off / happier then it was in my display tank. Absolutely unbelievable to me... the fact i added around 60 pounds of well seeded lìve rock and a big sponge from my DT also helped but the prodibio did the most of it.

My nitrate and phosphates are almost unreadable with red sea test kit.

I will be doing the first water change this weekend as the coral order has been placed!!!
The order should arrive in vancouver december 6th give or take a few days.

Ive made some changes to the website as well as my payment methods on the site, i want people to etransfer rather then pay with credit card or paypal as they both deduct 3% of payments made.

Anyone who purchases with etransfer or cash receives a 10% coupon on the next order!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk