Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital

Old 09-07-2016, 06:30 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockworm View Post
I have to ask something. Your original post you said you were going to use the Radion G3. Then you say to wait until Sept when you reveal the light package. Today is Aug 26. That is only 6 days until Sept 1. You gotta tell me: Are you going with the new G4? You can tell me. I can keep a secret. ��
Yes we are fitting 2 x G4 pros! the delay in fitting is simply due to the fact we cant keep them in stock we are distributing so many. everytime I put some aside of my own tank I end up having to sell them!

No corals in the tank and its got some light due to the overhead LED spots, so I will likely fit them in the next 10 days

First fish went in today plus a massive amount of snails! Thanks to Darren at Exotic Reef for supplying us with our livestock for the build.

I will report back asap as to how the Seneye reacts to the spike in Bio Loading, although with just two small Clowns I am not expecting dramatics.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:56 PM

Office tank build update! we have lights! 2 x Radion G4pros! using the RMS rail kit for clean line hanging.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:27 PM

so I finally found out why our office tank has cloudy water! Went to do first water change this weekend, mixed up salt batch in ambient water temp and slowly adding the salt and this is the result after 24 hours of re-circulation

Serious precipitation. Now switching brands and lots of water changes.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:07 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

What brand was the salt you are using? I just toss all the salt in the water mix it then heat it up. Instant ocean salt always comes out crystal clear, just gotta clean the bottom of the tub once a while.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 PM

I can not assure what has created the issue, maybe just bad one off tub, so I don't want to risk tarnishing the brands name that would not be fair, however we are switching to IO as of tomorrow.

Neither the manufacturer or I could come up with any suitable explanation other than a bad unit. The distributor offered to replace also for us which is very good service.

The switch out and not carrying on with it also coincides with us using balling salts and trace elements in it, so designer salts will not be required from here on.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:17 PM

Tank build update! Lots of fish and corals added today. Not the clearest of videos as on iPhone.
All stock from exotic Reef in Toronto an awesome and trustworthy supplier to the trade.

https://www.facebook.com/aqua.digita...5594617891614/

Water a little cloudy from the sudden Bio Load increase but will settle. Plus I have the trusted Seneye monitoring every 30 minutes for even the slightest Ammonia spike, so far so good! If the Ammonia even goes up by .01 I will know I have a Nitrate issue in 10 days, so its highly important to monitor so I can pre plan for that eventuality. This is where Seneye comes into its own.