Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 AM

coolhandgoose is on a distinguished road

Looks good. What kind of blade did you have in your table saw for cutting the baffles?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

I've got WATER

Deadlines met :
Empty tank shot by October 15, done.

Official fill date. November 1st, done.

Next Deadline: Rock design and placement. November 15th.

Quote:
nov1rst/2012- official fill date:
by this date your tank should be filled with water , all plumbing done and be a running system. a pic of the tank running with water and the plumbing are to be provided. sand may be added before water if that is your desire;P

Not quite ready for my sand yet. Still have some stuff to do. Still no place in the house for this tank. So here it is, with water, plumbing done, and is officially a running working system! I cant believe I made a fully sumped tank that actually works! Oh and better yet, DOESN'T LEAK!

I will still have to do my baffles, I have been so distracted getting my main tank up and running I haven't been paying attention to this one. Now that the DT is done (other then my light) I can start paying attention to my nano again.

I still have some tweeking to do with the return pump flow but it looks good, isnt overflowing the tank, just not sure I have enough flow in the tank itself. I need some kind of elbow coming off that ball valve in the sump to point the water down, but theres not much room for one when the pump stays put. I made a bit of a mess having it all on full blast, got water kinda everywhere.