Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 AM

piusma is on a distinguished road

I noticed you've got 5 clowns (was there more?) in the tank. I wonder if you're seeing any aggression at the moment? Not sure if this can be sustained over an extended period as fish settles in and matures. Good progress so far and keep us updated on your tank progress!

Steven
Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by piusma View Post
I noticed you've got 5 clowns (was there more?) in the tank. I wonder if you're seeing any aggression at the moment? Not sure if this can be sustained over an extended period as fish settles in and matures. Good progress so far and keep us updated on your tank progress!

Steven
of course it can.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Milad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Milad

You guys are keen on picking up the clown count. Currently there is 8. Yes I know too many. I was only going to keep 4 but I cat get 4 of the ones that I don't want of the tank so I left everyone in for now. I was expecting more aggression but after the first week it died down. The maroon doesn't let anyone near her anemone and owns about 1sq foot of the end of the tank. The cinnamon herds the occs and percs to the top opposite corner of the tank (doesn't bite but slowly just "herds"). The occs hang around my cleaning magnet all day long and the percs wander the very top of the tank.

I do want to remove 4 but I don't think I will happen until I expand the water volume a bit and move out some liverock from the main display.

I will be doing an update once I got this zeovit stuff on lock. Still trying to figure it out.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:21 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

i have 4 clowns in my 90 they get along just great

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 AM

Small update on building a Skimmer Silencer
I was having some gurgling noises coming from the intake of my skimmer. I posted on the forums and a few canreef peeps gave me some advice
orginal thread:
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68009

Im going with the design elements of:

i took their suggestions and altered to my liking. One think I didn't want to do is over extend the air hose longer than it currently is. So i tried to minimize the extension. I'm assuming the longer the 1/4 line is the harder it is for the skimmer to pull air.

I didnt want to have it hanging inside the tank as the diagram would indicate. I also didnt want water to leak in and I didnt really want to silcone it and I didnt want to prime/seal it. So i made it backwards and a "L"

The basic Idea from what I gather is two tubes, inside a big tube so the sound gets trap inside the big tube but the air keeps getting sucked in

I used Hard 1/4 line that is used in RO/DI unit for the small tubes and 3/4in pvc for the large tube

As you can see from the above picture its a nice L shape so it can hang on the outside of my sump.

Most other diagrams show air being pulled from the top down to the bottom but with my L shape I have it pulling bottom to bottom.
And below you can see how the hard plastic slips tightly into the soft plastic from the skimmer.

I was very shocked how silent it got. I was planning to stuff the silencer with some foam but it didnt need it.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:40 AM

spoot is on a distinguished road

If you put the two pipes on the inside of the chamber past each other, so the end of the bottom one above the end of the top one the silencer should be even more quiet.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 PM

selekt is on a distinguished road

Any updates on this build?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selekt View Post
Any updates on this build?
You can check out my signature. I started a LED build which i have on pause right now but thats only new things happening with the build.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:06 AM

janey is on a distinguished road

How's the wave box working ???

I was thinking of doing the same as you ...
Old 05-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey View Post
How's the wave box working ???

I was thinking of doing the same as you ...
The wave box is fine, the overflow ****es me off.

The only thing about the whole build I would change would be that damn overflow. I didn't take into consideration that the emergency overflow should have some holes in it so it can adjust itself. Ive made some holes in it but i think im going to put even more holes in it.

For the wavebox, you can even build in a glass wavebox in. the LFS was telling me about that. I think you can even just put in a tunze powerhead in and just connect the wave box controller to it so you dont need the full wavebox.