Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-28-2012, 03:06 AM

tinman is on a distinguished road
Default ato

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs247 View Post
This has me thinking. Would this mean i would be able to control my existing tunze ATO with the Neptune?
nope....well you could turn it on and off at certain times i guess. what i meant is you can control the 6055 and other controllable tunze circulation pumps with the 0-10 volt and make all your profiles . for me i dont run a tunze topoff system i just installed a float switch in my sump connected to the apex and just plugged my ato pump into the appropriate socket and with alittle programing and a virtual outlet or 2 you have an ato. i use one float switch in my ato water container so i dont run the pump dry and one in the sump to look after the sump level, when my ato container gets too low, apex shuts down the socket the pump is plugged into and sends me a message to my phone and wont do anything till i fill the container. this system has worked very well for me, it may not be useful for everyone, just my 2 cents, and if you are real crafty you can program the apex to perform water changes as well, this feature i really love!

Last edited by tinman; 05-28-2012 at 03:16 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 06-02-2012, 02:48 PM

habs247 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this. I settled on the full apex unit. Like just about everyone has said, upgradability down the line is the main factor.

I've also been reading the unofficial Apex guide. Talk about effort on the author's part. Super helpful - should help avoid a bunch of mistakes.