Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM

nanoreefnewbie is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Nano setup possibly forsale.....

I'm new into hobby and nothing on tank is working out can't keep shelling out cash for things that die...maybe I'm inpatient but... I think it's up forsale its a tank that's in the can reef 2012 nano contest...can switch ur name in contest I'm sure once tank and contents are bought all together..lookin for 500$

40lbs live rock
40lbs live sand
Heater
Powers head
Salt
Test kits
Everything needed..
Just not ready for hobby I guess
Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 PM

If need more info or pics pm me
Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Might be a bit too stressful to enter the contest without any prior experience. Why not just slow down and go at your own pace instead? the contest just adds pressure as a newb you don't need. I feel the same sometimes, but not sure I have the heart to give up. The first 6 months can be the hardest with this hobby and a new tank....
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

^^^^^^^

Don't sell. Just drop the contest and take it slow. There's lots of help on here
Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

+1. No need for the contest. This hobby is all about passion. A contest is not something that should get you down.

Ask this question: did you get into this hobby for this contest or because you wanted to?

If 2nd part is your answer, then just take things slow. I am a newby like you (been four months or something) and till now, I have faced quite a few bumps but nothing has let me down; and I believe its worth it

If 1st part is your answer, well its your call then
Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Salt2Death is on a distinguished road

Here Here, "Nothing Good Happens In A Salt Water Tank Fast, Just Bad Happens Fast!"

Pull out, sit back and just take it nice n slow. Ask lots of question, (even if people like to be *#%} heads on here most will help you lots) and relax- Your build is doing great so far. Just stick with it and all will pay off.
(Hint... Don't throw money at problems, get advice and ask for help there are lots of people here that will help and may have just what you need! We all started out right where you are)

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Might be a bit too stressful to enter the contest without any prior experience. Why not just slow down and go at your own pace instead? the contest just adds pressure as a newb you don't need. I feel the same sometimes, but not sure I have the heart to give up. The first 6 months can be the hardest with this hobby and a new tank....
Well I'm stressed not cause of contest but cause stuff going down hill...im a patient person in life I know this is gunna take time it's just that,I just got this tank going and it going down faster then it started...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
^^^^^^^

Don't sell. Just drop the contest and take it slow. There's lots of help on here
I've noticed alot of mixed review I do one thing cause people say change then a week or two later others say I'm doing wrong
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
+1. No need for the contest. This hobby is all about passion. A contest is not something that should get you down.

Ask this question: did you get into this hobby for this contest or because you wanted to?

If 2nd part is your answer, then just take things slow. I am a newby like you (been four months or something) and till now, I have faced quite a few bumps but nothing has let me down; and I believe its worth it

If 1st part is your answer, well its your call then
I've got a 160 gallon fresh water and wanted a challenge..its not the contest its the tanks performance and goin down so fast...ive got passion for aquariums but saltwater is wayy harder then I ever belived..ive got some thinking too do now I guess...stay with fresh or expand
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoreefnewbie View Post
I've noticed alot of mixed review I do one thing cause people say change then a week or two later others say I'm doing wrong
It's one of the MOST debatable hobby out there. Something that work's for someone's tank might work JUST THE OPPOSITE for another tank. You have to test and find your tank's requirement by yourself. Others are here to guide you, but at the end of the day, its you tank and you are the one who should take the risk of trying out to find which works best for you. That's just part of every hobby