Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-24-2008, 01:22 AM

mildcustom2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFX View Post
Yeah, all UK models are Toyota based now.

When Rover went bust a few years a ago the K-Series engine was quickly ditched once they got the Toyota deal.

I'll dig up some photo's for you when I get the chance. It's liquid blue & totally stock.

Hey, when I come round & get some frags off you in a few weeks time, maybe you'd like a run in my new 2 seat roadster

Sweet

Whats your new 2 seat roadster ?

Thanx

Sean
Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 AM

VFX is on a distinguished road

It's a Boxster... not an S model and it's got a Tiptronic gearbox so not as fast as an Elise

Last edited by VFX; 03-24-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 AM

Telford is on a distinguished road

I love those Lotus'. There is one around town here and everytime i see it i drool. It's dark metallic charcoal grey. I actually looked into them last year when i saw it and was very surprised at their 'reasonable' price.

I'd definetly go for it if i were you!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:28 AM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

S2000 is nice too ... and cheap ... easy to mod it upwards of 500hp

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 AM

VFX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
S2000 is nice too ... and cheap ... easy to mod it upwards of 500hp
Yeah, I love those too! But those engines let go pretty fast if you mod them much past 250-300bhp.

Although, for the ultimate thrill of driving experience the Elise is it.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

the lotus looks nice but havent you heard that chevy is reviving the 69 camaro? its supposed to have the ls2 6.0L v8 (400cid) pushing an estimated 400 bhp and gas milage is supposed to be really good with variable cylinder technology im not sure of the msrp on this car but i for one will own one BTW 400 bhp is just the starting point because its a chevy the go fast parts will probably be endless! right now i am driving a crown victoria with pi cylinder heads and a compession ratio of 10:1 (my rocket couch) just an idea if you want affordable perfomance and luxury the ford modular motors that have replaced the old pushrod v8s have a ridiculous amount of potential the fastest crown vic ive seen is at 650 hp with a supercharger just a few ideas to toss at you but heck its your dime i think you are probably set on the lotus but remember with a car like that the cops will always be looking in your direction and go fast goodies will probably cost a mint, I for one belive that once you become used to the power your car produces you will always want more
Old 03-24-2008, 01:32 PM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

If you want 400hp and not attract too much attention there is always my car ... 2002 M5 I picked up 2 summers ago

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 03-24-2008, 02:02 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default Hmm

Just one piece of advise. When you buy one of these upper elite sports cars you better have a shop and a dealership close to you for service. As a shop owner myself I know the frustrations of having a breakdown and not being close to anyone who can service your car. Doesnt matter what you drive..They break! Nice looking vehicles though..
Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM

mildcustom2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyjaxon View Post
the lotus looks nice but havent you heard that chevy is reviving the 69 camaro? its supposed to have the ls2 6.0L v8 (400cid) pushing an estimated 400 bhp and gas milage is supposed to be really good with variable cylinder technology im not sure of the msrp on this car but i for one will own one BTW 400 bhp is just the starting point because its a chevy the go fast parts will probably be endless! right now i am driving a crown victoria with pi cylinder heads and a compession ratio of 10:1 (my rocket couch) just an idea if you want affordable perfomance and luxury the ford modular motors that have replaced the old pushrod v8s have a ridiculous amount of potential the fastest crown vic ive seen is at 650 hp with a supercharger just a few ideas to toss at you but heck its your dime i think you are probably set on the lotus but remember with a car like that the cops will always be looking in your direction and go fast goodies will probably cost a mint, I for one belive that once you become used to the power your car produces you will always want more

Sorry, I owned a GM lemon once and will never buy one again. GM is just full of empty promises and heart ache (very un-reliable).
Old 03-24-2008, 04:59 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

I question your commitment to this hobby. How could you possibly consider a sports car when a tank upgrade could easily suck that unwanted money away just as fast LOLLOL LOL LOL.