Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM

blacjack is on a distinguished road

G'day Sean,

I'd add bracing for piece of mind. It might not need it, but if it does, then it will be easier before water is added. Like you say, don't need to come up and find water everywhere
Old 02-25-2008, 04:13 AM

mildcustom2 is on a distinguished road

Time For an update. Made a few new additions a week ago. Couldn't resist buying more than one this time when I was at Ocean Aquatics. No progress on the frag tank lately as I have been very busy with work not to mention my other obsession, 1964 VW Beetle. When finished I'll be stuffing a turbo'd fuel injected, nitrous injected 2.3 litre in it. Estimated at around 500hp .

Blue Acro Colony

Green Acro Colony

Green Birds Nest Colony

Anyone interested in any of these frags

How about some of these. Green Monti Caps in the back are 3"-4" and growing very rapidly now.

Thanx for Looking

Sean
Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default ??

Hi; Will the Monti's grow ok under pc lights in a 27g bow? I can grow them ubder my halides in my 72g but I have set up a small nano style tank in my office and thought they would look nice, but the lighting is only pc in that tank. Let me know as I come into Surrey quite often. What price do you want for the frags??

Thanks....
Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 PM

Sorry for the late reply I was sent to Vancouver Island for work. Didn't have any spare time for checking up on Canreef while I was away. I have kept Monti Digitata under power compacts in my bio cube in the past with growth but not as much growth as I get under my metal halides. Frag prices will be 10.00$ for the small green digitata, green cap and white polyp birdsnest. Purple monti cap is 15.00$ and the large green caps ( aprox 3" or bigger ) are 25.00. The larger green monti caps go for 70.00$ right now at the LFS. I am also always interested in trades for other frags. Upcoming available frags in a month are green birdsnest, pink milli, purple milli, yellow milli, orange digitata, baby blue acro and rainbow digitata (green and blue polyps).

Please note that all frag pics are under 10K bulbs.

Thanx for the interest.

Sean
Old 02-28-2008, 02:44 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Sean I got ahold of Mike about the rock. hye a quick question thou how much in your tank was 150 is that all of it.... do you have a picture of the rock the you bought, so I can get a rough idea on how much that would be its going to be going into my 150 gal 60x24x24

thanks
Old 03-09-2008, 04:56 AM

I finally managed to find the time to plumb my frag tank today and made a hanger for my new Lumenmax 3 Pendant. I ended up going with a lummenmax 3 with galaxy ballast and phoenix 15K bullb because I decided it wasn't worth it to cheap out on my lighting since its the key component to my tank. I haven't heard very many good things about the reefstar lighting either. I also decide to to run my Sequence Reeflo Dart on a closed loop and eliminate a sump all together. I added a canister filter ( full matured filter sponge and new chemi pure bag) to do what minimal bio/chemical filtering that will be required since there may be only one or two fish in the tank. Still planning on adding a refugium in the next couple of weeks but for now I'll live with out it.

I really needed to get this up running even if it is a very minimal setup for now due to the large amount of frags I have accumilated from constant growth and clipping in the display tank. Future additions to the setup in the month to come will be a protien skimmer, calcium reactor, refugium, phosphate reactor and about 300 frags. Time for some pics.

Thanx For looking

Sean
Old 03-23-2008, 12:10 AM

Made some new additions this past week or two to the display tank and I recieved some frags from Frag A Lot. Curious to see if the brown acro's I picked up will change color.

I'll let the pics do the talking for me

Hot Pink Birds Nest

Green Acro

Blue Tipped Acro

Another Blue Tipped Acro

Unknown Acro

Unknown Acro

Picked this one up a couple weeks ago and its changing color to Bluish/Purple with green polyps. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it finishes.

Started filling the frag tank again after a recent frag sale day

Some Zoas I fragged recently

New Monti I picked up

Poker Star Monti from Frag a Lot

Sunset Monti from Frag a Lot

Thanx For Looking

Sean
Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

looks good Sean, I contacted Mike and he is going to give me a great deal for 100 lbs of rock like yours. I used your name if ya dont mind can't wait to get it thou.