Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-20-2010, 06:06 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
There is no DIY wiring in my house, my other half is an electrician so its all covered off thankfully. Its things like this awesome beast of a Ca reactor I have, and my monster 6ft skimmer that I'm calling DIY.

If he's licensed then I wouldn't worry. Just be upfront with the insurance company so they can tell you what they can and will cover under what circumstances so you can accommodate accordingly. Your build pics/receipts should be enough for them to determine an adequate policy for you.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:56 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

I deal with ING/INTACT, and when setting up mine, they said I am fully covered for my tank and house and any damage it may cause to the house, this without a rider. They won't cover a fish dieing on its own, but will cover tanks and all contents if the tank leaks and causes damage to system or house, or if it just lets go, destroying everything around.

Great question though, something everyone so make sure they are covered for. In my case, I think I am lucky, as I did call to do a rider and then found out I didn't need one.

Thanks to my wife, she handles the insurance for everything. She is a BI adjuster for a larger Insurance Firm, so I leave this to her, as she knows how to talk the talk. HEHE.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk