Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 AM

bigblack is on a distinguished road
Default H20 ocean salt is just rebadged Red Sea salt

Ok so i was recommended to switch from seachems reef salt to H20 by my lfs that shall remain unnamed as i am sure they did not know, but i just read that

"Please donīt use H2O this salt is relabeled Red Sea Coral Pro and we have some really problems with the coral coloration."

This was written by fauna marin on this board, I am really dissapointed that i've bought 3 cans of this stuff only to find this out. ESPECIally since its 90 bucks with tax. Did anybody else know this or was i the only putz??
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Claims are unfounded.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

I've heard nothing but good things about this salt. To the point that I was going to switch from Reefers best.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

At OA, where I bought my new bucket of this salt, they told me they had tested it extensively and found it to be very good for trace minerals,, especially magnesium...

It wouldn't surprise me if this were a red sea rebadge, but I would definitely like to see some evidence before I denounce OA's recommendation.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 PM

deep6er is on a distinguished road

I have bought around 6 pails of H2O. And I pre test my water before I do any WC. And it has always been bang on.
I dont care what its called, I think its better than IO or kent
Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM

Drock169 is on a distinguished road

Can you post were you found that claim?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:55 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

the tread you were talking about from fauna Marin was a old thread, and if you read further when they were asked to explain and show some proof they did not show any. In the end I'm pretty sure it was a misquote due to the language translation (remember he is from Germany), and if I remember right he either mentioned that he meant it was like Red Sea and a couple others that did not work well with the ultra lith system. Kinda like how ZeoVit systems work better with certain salts due to their contents. I am currently using and have used the H2O ocean salt for a while now and have loved it. I switched from RBS to it and my tank is looking great. On a side note I have used Red Sea Coral Pro in the past and my test results for it come in differently then the results I get for H2Ocean.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 PM

dkcrx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about this salt. To the point that I was going to switch from Reefers best.
x2
Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep6er View Post
I have bought around 6 pails of H2O. And I pre test my water before I do any WC. And it has always been bang on.
I dont care what its called, I think its better than IO or kent
out of curiosity, what do you mix (water to salt ratio) and what d you test and what is the tests bang on to?

just curious as I have this salt now...
Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Man View Post
the tread you were talking about from fauna Marin was a old thread, and if you read further when they were asked to explain and show some proof they did not show any. In the end I'm pretty sure it was a misquote due to the language translation (remember he is from Germany), and if I remember right he either mentioned that he meant it was like Red Sea and a couple others that did not work well with the ultra lith system. Kinda like how ZeoVit systems work better with certain salts due to their contents. I am currently using and have used the H2O ocean salt for a while now and have loved it. I switched from RBS to it and my tank is looking great. On a side note I have used Red Sea Coral Pro in the past and my test results for it come in differently then the results I get for H2Ocean.
But someone wrote it on the Internet, it must be true!