Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-30-2008, 04:56 AM

michika is on a distinguished road
Default Bite Me Parking Services

Alright I just have to make this mini rant so I can go to bed.

So since we moved into our house on October 3rd, there has been this car parked out behind our garage infringing on my ability to get my car safely in and out of our garage. Kevin's car can get in and out without issues.

So since the 5th I have regularly left messages on the car in question asking the owner(s) to move it. I have knocked/rung the bell on the house on the other side of our alley, since it looks like this car is parked there.

Finally today I couldn't take it anymore, and called Parking Services. The car was towed away at 5:30pm tonight.

I left at 6:30pm tonight, and came back at 9:15pm. There was ANOTHER car parked out behind our garage. So I pulled Kevin's car into the garage and went inside. I went out with the dogs at 9:30pm and now the car is RIGHT behind our garage door. So tomorrow we can't leave to go to work because our cars are blocked in.

I have been on hold with Calgary parking services since 9:40pm, that is over an hour at this point. Twice I have been hung up on after getting through. I am so fed up with this. Their website says you can call 24 hours a day for help. I call their bluff on this.

So now its looking like I'll be getting up an extra hour tomorrow to take transit to work on time. People can just be so petty.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

wow...thats some balls parking in some persons spot and blocking them in. Lucky them your only calling parking services and not going slashy slash.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 AM

Zylumn is on a distinguished road

Catherine
Do you have any snails that have recently passed away???
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 AM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

What's the address? My group home kids will be right over

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 AM

levi1803 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday the same thing happened to the neighbor across the street. I happened to look out the window and saw a car pull up right in front of their driveway with two cars parked in it, park get something out of his trunk and then walk two doors down to a different house. I didn't really think much of it thinking the guy was just dropping something off quickly, but then an hour later I look out and the neighbors are standing in their driveway looking around for who owns the car as they can't get out. Some people are so stupid, I went out and told them what house he went in and they got him to move it, but seriously do people not look where they park at all? I feel for you, but I'd be on the phone waiting for 4 hours before I gave up and took transit in this city haha.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 AM

Unfortunately no snails, but I'm sure i can find something that is extra funky, e.g. dead clam, dead snail...

I think is such a pathetic thing to do. They must have been watching for me to come home to do this. Part of me is tempted to do something really cruel and dirty, but the rest of me knows better and tells me to play by the rules.

My third attempt to reach parking services is now at 17 minutes and climbing.

Transit adds an HOUR onto my normal 15-20 minute commute.

Drew, can you arrange for some lovely spray paint? I'm thinking some nice girly neon-pink will go fantastically with the extra manly car blocking me in.

Last edited by michika; 10-30-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

Man....... if I was really mean..... I would take off the plates and report a stolen car without plates That's pretty mean though.

Cheers,
Vic
Old 10-30-2008, 05:13 AM

I have a 5g pail full of dog crap that might make an appearance on the car tomorrow morning. I'm sure I could find some nice fresh stuff too...I am feeling so cruel right now.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:19 AM

I WIN! I just got through to parking services. The lady on the phone thought these people were just as petty.

I am now worried that these people are going to start dishing out some retribution. The crappy thing is though I haven't driven my car since October 3rd! Its been stuck in my garage. I do feel bad, but I spent a month trying to get them to move the original car, and then they go and pull this.

Well yay for the small victories!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 AM

levi1803 is on a distinguished road

Congrats, are you going to sit in the window and watch as it gets towed away?