Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Supplies

Old 10-30-2013, 04:40 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

It would seem Reef Supplies is slowly becoming our very own BRS north of the border. They are getting all those extras you just can't find anywhere else.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM

LoJack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
It would seem Reef Supplies is slowly becoming our very own BRS north of the border. They are getting all those extras you just can't find anywhere else.

Yup, if they can carry similar products, they'll do very well. Most people north of the border seem to order a lot from Bulk Reef Supply even though the shipping costs a fortune through them.

With BRS, you truly need to place a large order to justify the cost of shipping and break it down over several items to make it cost effective.

I discovered ReefSupplies while looking for bulk GFO. I love the site, and Ray is awesome to deal with. I ordered my ATI Sunpower and bulbs through him and I couldn't be happier with the service and the price.

I'll definitely be giving the bulk additives a shot and see how they work in my tank. Too bad about the magnesium though, looks like I'll still have to source that south of the border until they get their version figured out.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the kinds words guys! We truly appreciate your business.

Ray

http://www.reefsupplies.ca
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

i assumed the well-known vendor you were referring to selling calcium chloride was BRS. i'd love to not pay BRS' shipping but I'm scared to try anything else to be honest.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 PM

wayner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
i assumed the well-known vendor you were referring to selling calcium chloride was BRS. i'd love to not pay BRS' shipping but I'm scared to try anything else to be honest.

Same here - who's going first
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Vendor

Quote:
It's not BRS CC :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Same here - who's going first
I'll post the lab test results as soon as we can get them blacked out

Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

i'm really good with photoshop i can black them out for you =)
Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Vendor

Quote:
i'm really good with photoshop i can black them out for you =)

Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 AM

LoJack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm pretty much in the same boat. My tank is in the best shape its ever been in, its the most stable its ever been. My gut tells me don't mess with anything and just pay the extra to stick with what I know... but I see massive savings potential by buying Canadian.

I have enough chemicals to last me a fair bit still ... perhaps we'll have some feedback from a few others before I need to pull the trigger!

Any updates on posting the results Ray?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Vendor

so we had a quick meeting and we have decided that posting the chart was a bad idea. I have removed it.

Why, you ask? :-) Well a couple of reasons.

- it caused confusion and panic. We received 5 phone calls and 3 emails from clients wanting to know if the stuff they had been using in their tanks was on the list and how all their coral and fish were going to die! As I said in my first post, these are ALL well know manufactures that we have ALL been using for years. Just because Manufacture A has a lithium reading of 28.7 and Manufacture B has a reading of 6.8, does it mean that A is bad for your tank?

- A colleague called asking why our silicate was so high at 7445. I replied with "did you know that the 2-part you have been selling for the past 5 years has a reading of 19014"? "Does that make it bad...any clients complain"? How high is too high?

The purpose off the test was to determine what product has the lowest organics and NPOC. The lower the readings the better.

FWIW: High organics can cause cyano outbreaks. When you use a "reef salt" that is high in trace elements and you use an organic rich 2-part you can cause a cyano outbreak. Not too mention all the other stuff we are dosing. Too many trace elements.

It's like the newbie who starts dosing "coral food" and follows the directions on the bottles only to end up dosing 6-7 different products daily. He will end up with an organics overload causing a cayno outbreak.

In closing, the chart was a mistake on my part. I should have never posted it nor mentioned it. It all boils down to trust, you need to trust the store you are doing business with. Those of you who have worked with us know that we are in it for the long haul and we will continue to offer you the best possible product and service.

thanks,

Ray

Last edited by Reef Supplies; 10-31-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: none