Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 10-24-2008, 12:31 AM

04scoobysti is on a distinguished road

I can't take it anymore! It's "honor system"!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Well first off I can't view that link, so it's not good enough. Second I posted the picture you requested as you threatened to kick me out of the contest despite that I already corrected the budget for the one frag that was slightly bigger than 2". Plus the rules state something about the "honer system" which obviously doesn't apply here anymore. My compromise was charging the full price for the one and only one frag that could potentially be bigger than 2", but I still took the picture as requested anyway. The least you could do is set an example and follow your own rules, you should have known you needed a receipt and hassled someone else for one already so you should provide one, no if ands or buts about it.

And you still keep dancing around that fact that you should be deducting some value for the acrylic used in the sump unless you agree a sump made from scrap does not count towards the budget.

Some of the frags I put in my tank were actually "scraps" accidentally broken off corals during cleaning and fraging other corals so can I take those off my budget?
The sump was not built out of scraps. LMAO I bought the tank from the store. The only rule for sumps was to take the cost of the tank

Quote:
(Sump tank will count against your budget, should you choose to incorporate one)
Corals fall under LS, where there is nothing free. So your logic for "Scraps" fails there.

I'll get you a receipt, and have contacted the seller, but it won't be tonight.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 10-24-2008, 12:53 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

And let's get back to the fun part...so far I have had fun. I got to spend some quality time with my Dad that I see very rarely, I got to bring another tank into the house, and I want to see whether it can be done on a tight budget...as I think this will show people what can be done with little cash. Let's have fun! I love seeing the updates that others are doing, and it motivates me.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:37 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
(Sump tank will count against your budget, should you choose to incorporate one)
You see I still don't get it, I never said you built your sump from scrap but by your reasoning it seems you could build one from scrap without deducting from the budget. And you're reading between lines, a "sump tank" doesn't include baffles? Then it's more like a tank, not a sump. I'm not asking for much but I think you should deduct a couple bucks for your baffles, at one point that acrylic cost you something just like an old heater I had lying around but I still deducted 75% of it's cost as per the rules.

Whatever I'm over this but you still have to post a receipt for the lights when you get it as per the rules
Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04scoobysti View Post
I can't take it anymore! It's "honor system"!
Trust me I beat that to death many times but basically some define the honor system as a system that can be questioned by anyone and if questioned you must provide whatever proof is necessary until the questioner is satisfied.

I know I don't get it either. But the way I see it the person that provides the definition should at least abide by it.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:43 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Whatever I'm over this but you still have to post a receipt for the lights when you get it as per the rules
Items on which you scored a "good deal"- If you can provide proof of the price you got, cost will be figured at the actual price you paid. If it was a transaction with a private individual, have them hand-write you a receipt, scan it, and post it on your thread.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:

I already told you I would. But thanks for the reminder.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 10-24-2008, 02:03 AM

You have to admit this is kinda fun, our views have gone up by like 500 in the last hour, haha.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You have to admit this is kinda fun, our views have gone up by like 500 in the last hour, haha.
You guys have a following now....everyone waiting to see what happens next! But it at least gets it all out there so there is clarity! Someone like me now doesn't have to ask the question...you guys did it all!

But I do see JDigital's thread in the lead for views...now the contest is on!

Last edited by Chaloupa; 10-24-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
You guys have a following now....everyone waiting to see what happens next! But it at least gets it all out there so there is clarity! Someone like me now doesn't have to ask the question...you guys did it all!

But I do see JDigital's thread in the lead for views...now the contest is on!
But scholar's thread views is still kicking our butt! LOL