Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default New obsession

well went out to buy a new bike. had my mind all set on a Victory cross roads, untill I drove this one, which is sitting in my garage now

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 AM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

looks great now get on that thing and do an alberta tank tour lol there is enough of us here that ride too
Old 08-14-2011, 06:12 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Nice ride!! I am looking to get an Electa Glide Ultra at some point, hopefully next year. Have been tossing around the thought of selling my 2000 Magna & 08 Sportster Roadster but it is hard to do when you only have $1200.00 invested in both combined.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build

Last edited by The Grizz; 08-15-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

That must feel pretty sweet. I've been itching to upgrade from my 750 Shadow for quite a while now... I road a Cross Roads during the demo days this year. While I'm not into touring packages the bike felt great. Very solid and powerful. I'd love to get a Vegas 8-Ball next summer but we'll see how things go.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 08-14-2011, 07:22 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Fine looking beast. I prefer the simpler, lighter or how you say? 'naked' bike though.

The good old R80G/S. 1981, I'm the original owner, purchased in Germany while on a posting with the Air Force. Brought back to Edmonton and once more over the pond for a second tour in southern Germany. Collector's plate makes it real inexpensive to insure & register. Didn't ride it for about 5 yrs after getting R1200. New battery, cleaned the plugs & carb float bowls. Started on the second kick when I put it back on the road.

The R1200C. 2000, purchased new in 2002. I caved a couple of years ago and put a very small 'euro' windscreen on it & I do have a set of bags for it as well. They stopped making these around 2005 I think, sales were lagging. Interest starting to pick up again, but used is the only option now. The engine is somewhat detuned since it's a cruiser. Great torque though & handles twistys much better than your conventional cruiser. Does it's work quietly too, stealth mode. I'd much rather sneak around than announce my presence with overly loud pipes.

Last edited by mike31154; 08-14-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
That must feel pretty sweet. I've been itching to upgrade from my 750 Shadow for quite a while now... I road a Cross Roads during the demo days this year. While I'm not into touring packages the bike felt great. Very solid and powerful. I'd love to get a Vegas 8-Ball next summer but we'll see how things go.
thats what I traded in, my 2004 shadow aero, the sold it in two days as when I was at the dealer yesterday I noticed a lady getting ready and driving away. to bad I didn't get to talk to her as I have more parts for it in the garage....

I was inlove with the cross country, and was picking it untill I road the cross country, cross road, and the harley all with in about 30 min. the victorys were nice but low end power was realy lacking (is in all the reviews, but I never realy noticed how much befor) low speed handeling sucks. it was realy unstable and awkward feeling doing a lock to lock U-turn, the harley I just through it over and it went around in 2/3 the area as the victory and didn't wobble or anything.

as for high end ya the victory had a bit more but really nothing that woudl sway me. but the two biggest problem with the victory was #1 the wind managment, it sucked no other words for it, well there is.. buffiting from hell.. #2 lack of dealer support, very few places carry parts or accessories, and if they do the selection sucks, so everything has to be ordered in which increases down time. 4 dealers in BC compared to HD 9, 5 in AB to HD 9 there getting better but only one fo the ones in BC is a gold level service, two are bronze and one silver...

when you go to buy a bike.. drive the victory, then go strait to a HD shop and test the comparable, I was lucky here the HD and the Victory shops share the same parking lot

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 08-14-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
Nice ride!! I am looking to get an Electa Glide Ultra at some point, hopefully next year. Have been tossing around the thought of selling my 2000 Magna & 08 Sportster Roadster but it is hard to do when you only have $1200.00 untested in both combined.
I was originaly wanting a roadguide ultra ltd but couldn't justify spending that money on a brand new bike right now so I settled with the 2006.

it was hard even spending what I did, because my Shadow was paid off 3 years ago, now I am back to payments....

Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Thanks for the food for thought. I've never ridden a Harley but I'm going to go check out their demo days before I buy next year. One of the big things for me is that I prefer to buy used (used fish tank equipment, used truck, re-furbished computer etc) and there are almost no Victories available but A LOT of Harleys.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 08-14-2011, 11:26 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Very nice ride!

Thought I would post a pic of mine... If you are ever in town, give me a shout and we can go for a ride.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 08-15-2011, 01:34 AM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

you guys are killing me here now i gotta go out and take pics of our bikes and try to figure out how to post them on here. and griz if your thinking of selling that magna let me know we need a bike to fit a sidecar on so we can take the mutts out to play