Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Do you have a class 1 licence and air ticket?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
Do you have a class 1 licence and air ticket?
got air, don't need a class one once it is singled and regestered as non comercial. I also found out that if I buy one I can get a transport permit which will alow it to be driven home with out a class 1 also befor it is re-registered. I already found out that info, now I am just waiting for cvse to get back to me on what I have to add to the truck to declair it as a motorhome.

so far I know it has to have the comercial hitch removed, a fridge or icebox, cooking apliance, bed, 110 power (I think there has to be an outlet on the outside also) sink, and some places require a toilet, which a porta potty works for. the problem is every provence has there own requirments. in Alberta for eg you can add the stuff above and declare it as a motor home with out singeling, or you can single it, remove the comercial hitch and regester it as a personal truck as you would a F250. some provences also want "not for hire, private rv" on the truck also.

both ways only require a regular drivers licence with a air brake endorsment. so I am waiting to see the different options for BC now. one other thing you need in BC is if you are going to tow a trailer over 4800kg you need a heavy tow endorsment on your class 5.

its funny as I went to ICBC and they told me what I would need drivers licence wise to drive it and yes they have seen it done lots. but to check with a insurance place on how to re-register it. the place I went to said it is no problem to redescribe a truck and to just bring it in and they will do it but couldn't tell me the exact requirments to be eligible, so they sugested trying CVSE to see if they had the regulations for doing it.

so I think I am going to e-mail ICBC head office also and see if they have the requirments

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
http://www.hotels.com/

just sayin'.......
now your just being silly. hotels suck, to damned expensive.

just because you don't like camping

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 08-05-2010, 07:27 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
now your just being silly. hotels suck, to damned expensive.

just because you don't like camping
Whats camping about taking a mobile home on wheels with ya?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post

no kidding. Camping involves hiking and a tent. I visited Steve the last time he was here "camping", it was small city of RVs all lined up. Didn't see anyone camping in the whole bunch.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
no kidding. Camping involves hiking and a tent. I visited Steve the last time he was here "camping", it was small city of RVs all lined up. Didn't see anyone camping in the whole bunch.
ya, that place sucked and we won't use that one again. normaly we camp with out hookups, but we had to come to victoria for 5 days so it was cheeper going there than a hotel. I personaly hate rv parks, sometimes we want full hookups but normaly we don't care.

lets see you hike into go camping with a couple little girls and the wife who doesnt realy enjoy camping.

thought I would throw in the deff of camping for you as you seam to think that hiking is part of it.

"Camping is an outdoor recreational activity involving the spending of one or more nights in a tent, primitive structure, a travel trailer or recreational vehicle at a campsite with the purpose of getting away from civilization and enjoying nature. Camping describes a whole range of activity, from survivalist campers who set off with little more than their boots to those who arrive in large recreational vehicles equipped with their own electricity, heat, and patio furniture."

hmm don't see hiking anywhere there.. hiking is for people who can't aford to drive

Steve

Old 08-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
just one form I started out in a tent, untill our middle daughter was 3 2, then got tired of hard ground inflatables and sleeping bags, so we bought a tent trailer. that was nice got us off the ground as camping in victoria includes rain 90% of the time. then we upgraded to a travel trailer as while we loved camping in the tent trailer it sucked for traveling and stopping for the night as although it was only 15 min for me to set up we would have to have the kids up at 6am to be able to pull out by 8 as you had to feed them, clean up and then tear down the tent trailer. also with the tent trailer we would go camping untill about rememberance day then it was getting to cold.

with the travel trailer we went camping for new years 4 years in a row.. best way to do it.. if it got below 0 we were fine if I used onboard water.

but to much below zero and were done so needless to say the first time I have winterized my trailer was last fall when I moved to kamloops.

times change and the kids want to start brining friends so were looking to upgrade to a fith wheel now with quad bunks which I can get away with towing with my truck but I am pretty close to maxed. and if we do that we have to take the car also when the kids bring friends as we have the golden retriver also now.

later when the kids are gone we will look at a bigger fith wheeel and probably start doing the snowbird thing, but unlike my parents I cannot sit in one place for 3 to 5 months, so we will probably go to messa for a month, then somewhere else for a month and so one for a few years till we decide if we want to start being real snowbirds.

the reason for looking at a big truck is that I can sit 6 adults in comfort and still have room for the dog, and when I build the bed on the back I can put the motor bike on that also.

Steve

Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

hmm don't see hiking anywhere there.. hiking is for people who can't aford to drive

Steve
Cheap shot, only reason you can afford to drive is you don't have a reef tank!!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Cheap shot, only reason you can afford to drive is you don't have a reef tank!!
or 3 dogs

Steve

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
or 3 dogs

Steve
6, but who's counting