Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 03-28-2005, 12:49 AM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen
Default Sump Running :)

Well after a long weekend of running a circuit, plumbing the sump and getting everything just right. Heres some pics of my newest addition. Larger images are linked from my website under the construction heading. Either later today or this week I will fill in all the text regarding the setup. Also questions to follow

The sump which everyone has seen.

Input side showing 1" lines from corner overflows. Tees added on ends to allow water to flow down and air to escape up. They are virtually silent.

Shot showing the fuge (needs more LR) and the return with the MAG 2400. Its too noisy need to figure something out here.

The input side again, now running. Also the intake and return for the LG 4-MDQX-SC (skimmer pump) have been installed.

A view from the top showing the returns. Currently there are just 2 1" lines going in. My next J&L trip I will get 2 3/4" loc-line y's so that I can have 2 directional nozzles off each return.

The last shot showing my DIY durso and the skimmer. Now that its running off a real pump and not just an Aquaclear5000 powerhead its really producing!!!

Hope you enjoyed.

I have one question that I need help on. The MAG2400 is far too loud. I think the main reason is because it is sitting on the acrylic floor of the sump and the sump rests on the hardwood floor. On my next J&L trip I think I will replace it with another LG 4 (that one is nice and quiet). Until then would it be safe to place a piece of the pink styrofoam insulation in the sump under that pump? or does it leech nasties. I know that OA uses it to keep frags floating in a bag, but what are the long term effects of it being in water?

Thanks
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 03-28-2005, 02:24 AM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe

Looks good!
For noise, just pick up some of that course blue pond filter foam and place it under your pump, that will help with vibration and noise-just be sure to clean it once in awhile like anything else

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium
Old 03-28-2005, 09:04 AM

Gujustud is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Gujustud Send a message via MSN to Gujustud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpfinfishe
Looks good!
For noise, just pick up some of that course blue pond filter foam and place it under your pump, that will help with vibration and noise-just be sure to clean it once in awhile like anything else
Agree with cleaning it. I just pulled my pump out tonight after 3 months of starting up my sump. omg, makes a difference in noise. Its pretty quiet, but I still have the problem with vibration (MAG7).