Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road
Default Rant about FedEx/Canada post

I ordered some apex parts shipped via FedEx... They couldn't find my house because they were too lazy to drive further up the road, so later that day I got a call from fedex saying I gave them the wrong address so I gave them detailed directions to my house. Sure enough, they didn't even try to deliver it and handed it over to canada post, in Vancouver of all places. Canada post doesn't come to my door, they just drop off the door tag in my mailbox, they never come to my door but they always tell me they did... My security cameras tell me otherwise.

Finally received the parts today when the first delivery attempt was on Monday

So it's a good thing it was dry goods, I guess no ordering livestock for me

If I have stuff delivered with no signature required, fedex leaves it at the end of my driveway (when they actually manage to find my house) instead of coming to my door. I've had electronics sit in my driveway for 3 days before when I wasn't home.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

Canada post always does that to me... they don't actually try to deliver the package.

At least Canada post makes it pretty easy to pick up packages though. With FedEx you'd have to drive 30+ minutes to their warehouse.

The one time I ordered livestock online, I picked it up directly from the airport.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

It's no better in Calgary. I've had the same issues with both delivery services, UPS was well. A couple years ago I ordered some hunting supplies via Canada Post and they delivered it to the wrong address. They wouldn't admit it and I had to go around and around before I finally received my parcel, opened and several packages opened inside. I made a pretty big stink about that one...

Anyone else in Calgary not gotten any mail since it snowed? My walks have been shovelled since it first came down but not so much as a flyer.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 PM

Scuba Diver Gal is on a distinguished road

I am in Calgary and am home all day, most days. i go to my super box (not so super) and there is often "express post attempted delivery" notice. I have complained and continue to complain because they are supposed to attempt delivery. Lazy…Can't imagine in more rural areas.

As for the others, UPS/Fedex, etc. They are all fine in Calgary. But that being said, I have not felt confident to order any live stock even in Calgary. So, maybe I don't trust Fedex and UPS that much
Old 12-06-2013, 09:51 PM

carnut is on a distinguished road

My Turn,

Put in an order form one of the vendors,last week, They picked it up and managed to loose it on the delivery truck

Tell me have the vendor call and they will look into it!!!! Too much work to find the darn package. Lazy good for nothing.......

Sorry my rant

tank 2 300 gallon mixed reef. 3 evergrow It5080, skimmer bubble king
Old 12-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
It's no better in Calgary. I've had the same issues with both delivery services, UPS was well. A couple years ago I ordered some hunting supplies via Canada Post and they delivered it to the wrong address. They wouldn't admit it and I had to go around and around before I finally received my parcel, opened and several packages opened inside. I made a pretty big stink about that one...
UPS delivered a BRS box worth prob $800 once to the wrong unit in my condo complex not to mention they left it in the backyard of the wrong place. after calling them and getting no help ("we delivered it already sir") I walked the entire complex. Unfortunately I started walking the wrong way (we're in the middle of a string of places) and circled almost the entire complex when it was in the backyard a few doors down the OTHER way.

I was ****ed!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:36 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

They all suck! UPS delivered a package to my "neighbor" because we weren't home, the address they gave us was 10 blocks away and of course it was never actually dropped off there. On Monday I got a delivery notice from Canada Post that was dated for the previous Tuesday as attempted delivery, funny thing is I got no mail that week because it was snowing. Looks like the mailman was just picking up the mail and then going home with it as my mail box was stuffed full on Monday. I had ordered another package from a US company that only used Fed-Ex, they completely trashed my parcel 3 times in row destroying the product each time. The company apologized and refunded me because FedEx just wasn't competent enough to deliver to Canada.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:59 AM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

Ah city problems. Try living 25miles from the nearest town. Most won't deliver to a box number so you must find a kind soul to accept your packages.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Purolator who is the Fedex contractor in my town always leaves packages on my doorstep. Yesterday I came home to find that Canada Post left a package on my doorstep and Purolator came as well. But Purolator left the tag on the door and no package this time. Guess it just depends on the driver. Really surprised Canada Post did it this time
Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I've had bad experiences too but it really does depend on the driver/deliverer.

I used to have a terrible UPS driver but last year we got a new one and he is great. He will attempt multiple deliveries to my house knowing approximately when someone will be home from work. Once I saw him drive away from my drive way as I was coming home. I figured he wouldn't be back again until the next day but later that evening after dinner (7pm), he came back with my package that needed a signature. He could have easly just left one of those notices stuck to my door rather than coming back that evening. He's done this a few times.

I rarely have FedEx shipped to my house. Usually to my office.

Canada Post has been pretty good to me recently too.

Of course having said that, I'm likely going to come home to a destroyed package sitting in the snow bank on my front yard this evening..