Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 PM

skabooya is on a distinguished road

Yes they do look like brittle stars and yes I did inherit some from you which did explode in my tank lol. I love them. These guys on the gorg are pale however. Your brittle stars have dark stripes, these are like the albino version. They are pale pale pale brown striped.
My gosh it has been two years. My, how time flies. I need to go to PG and see your tank again
Thanks for the link. I will have a look around.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Gorgs are okay. Turns out they were shedding. My Isis has finished but, my 2 purple gorgs aren't done just yet.
On a side note. My 2 year old T5HO bulbs blew. So, now I only have 2 almost 1 year old bulbs going. I hope my corals don't suffer too bad while we wait until next week for the replacements to show up.
Honestly though, I though they would last longer than 2 years.
I know the majority replace bulbs yearly. I do buy yearly but I just move them over so I am running 2 new bulbs and the other two that are a year old. My tank is supposed to be a macro tank so a change in bulb spectrum isn't bad.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:39 AM

Everything in the tank is looking pretty good now. Im wondering if things are starting to get stable again. I hope so. Gorgs are doing very well. Mushrooms are nice and open and my other coral are almost completely healed and are nice and plump

My opae ula have calmed down but they have their moments of swimming around like crazy. My son asks to see the "simp" and the "Fiss". He loves my salty tank and my opae ula tank

Im wondering what to do with my 32gal freshwater. Its a mess and neglected, but completely stable and has the same fish in it as when I first set it up. Ive only lost 2? in almost 5 years. Pretty good I expect die offs soon though. Tetras life span is comming to an end, angel should last another 5 years or so if I'm lucky.