Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Get dogs. Lots of them. Then you have to run the dogs I have 4 dogs that get a rotation, each dog gets a 8k run at least once a week. If I get lazy, I have to pay for it with the dogs bouncing off the walls. Easy peasy
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
if Brett can do it so can I :P
I think everything said can be covered with that one!

And yes my shoes are crap I'm just trying to be honest lol. I've been choosing corals over shoes for a while it seems.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Trabby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Get dogs. Lots of them. Then you have to run the dogs I have 4 dogs that get a rotation, each dog gets a 8k run at least once a week. If I get lazy, I have to pay for it with the dogs bouncing off the walls. Easy peasy
LOL we have a dog... I took the pug out once and found it very counter productive..
Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM

Trabby is on a distinguished road

I have decent shoes I think... The sportcheck guy helped me out... Something or other about pronation? Tried on a few pairs , and ended up with a really comfortable light shoe. Nike Air max motto+ 7.... I just need to use them more!!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabby View Post
LOL we have a dog... I took the pug out once and found it very counter productive..
lol, ya, probably not a good choice for a running companion
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

I'm lucky here for winter running, our multiplex has a running track in it, though it gets boring doing a bunch or circles.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Ian is on a distinguished road

I just decided to start running a bit in September. Not sure how this happened as I have always hated running before this. I guess having lost ovet 100 pounds in the last 14 months had something to do with it, but anyhow I have used the C25K program to get started and have found these podcasts very helpful. It is a 9 week program (or however long you want it to be) that takes you up to 5k runs...I know a 5k-10k follow up is available as well but I am not there yet.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Moby da Goby is on a distinguished road

Hi Trabby,

I only started running Jan 2010. I'm 39 and I always said that when I turn 40 (2011), I will do a full marathon in that year. Well, guess I had better get started!

I started on my own running for a month but because I need some extra motivation to keep me going, I joined a Running Room 5K clinic. Something about paying for something helps me get out the door, even in crappy weather. The run/walk system works very well for me because I was a non runner for the longest time.

Since that first 5K clinic and various clinics, I've ran a 5K race, two 10K race and two half marathons (taking 15 mins off my first half time too!!). The group of people I run with are not only involved with the Running Room clinics but also run and cross train outside of those clinics, who I now run with. They keep me accountable and running with a group is always much nicer.

Shoes are very important, don't skimp on these and please don't go to the big box type store to buy them. Get fitted properly this will make all the difference in your comfort level. With the amount of running I've been doing, I've been fortunate enough to be relatively injury free.

Good luck with that first step!
Deanna
Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Hey Trabby hows the running going?
Old 01-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

The Trabster is on my street-team dude. She's got 2 activities already this month. Look the FRAG out!