Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 01-09-2014, 03:01 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

Looks like u open light composer load your project and hit the transfer button and then hit the load button after I was just changing my light settings and this worked.

360 Reef Tank
Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Dumb question…. where is the transfer button?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Ill take a screen shot tonight,

Do you have the new version of profulix control

360 Reef Tank
Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 PM

I am using 6.0.4. The newest one out. They said 6.0.5 may be released soon.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM

Here is what I have tried:

Open ProfilucControl 6.0.4
Connect RS232
Click illumination on the right menu and open drop down menu
Click light composer
It asks me to load own project, which I do. Click OK.
Now I see all the light sources of the Mitras, and my illumination runs. I can click on new under the illumination runs. Other than that the only thing I can select on the front page is test illumination run. If I check it and try to run it nothing happens on my Mitras. It says illumination channels must have been transmitted before, but I don't know how to do that.

I have used this light project through GHL Control Center before I installed the PWC card, so I know it works.

I seem stuck at the transmit to Mitras part. The PWC card has a solid green light and a blinking red light if that matters.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Here is what I have tried:

Open ProfilucControl 6.0.4
Connect RS232
Click illumination on the right menu and open drop down menu
Click light composer
It asks me to load own project, which I do. Click OK.
Now I see all the light sources of the Mitras, and my illumination runs. I can click on new under the illumination runs. Other than that the only thing I can select on the front page is test illumination run. If I check it and try to run it nothing happens on my Mitras. It says illumination channels must have been transmitted before, but I don't know how to do that.

I have used this light project through GHL Control Center before I installed the PWC card, so I know it works.

I seem stuck at the transmit to Mitras part. The PWC card has a solid green light and a blinking red light if that matters.

Yeah the light means its geting interference, I don't remember if you stated are all your lights set as slaves ?

360 Reef Tank
Old 01-10-2014, 03:13 AM

Yep I had the 3 mitras set to slave and the PWC card set to master. Same channel and separate addresses.

I temporarily removed the wireless card and set one of the mitras back to master. They work perfectly again. But my problem isn't solved.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:21 AM

I got lazy tonight ill play more tomorrow and see if we can work together to get it working for you, mine seemed simple but I might got lucky, I was told on the other site that if both lights (red is out amd green is in )are on that its geting a feed back from somewhere. Mine were stuck in the lightning storm for a while till I got that sorted.

Dumb question the clock on the controller is set right? I may have had that issue lol

360 Reef Tank
Old 01-11-2014, 12:28 AM

Lights are set to slave. The clock on the controller is set to PC time as are the Mitras. I think the issue is that I had a bad FW update on the Profilux. I don't see the "green transfer button" at the bottom of the illuminations tab. It just isn't there. And I am using Profilux Control 6.0.4.

I will likely have to use the FW flash tool on the profilux to force the FW update, then re-install the PLC-PWC card and try again. I am out at work now for 10 days so I just pulled the card and let the Mitras run on their own again. I had to go in using GCC to set one of the Mitras back to Master. That's how I know they were on slave. GHL thinks maybe I had one of the Mitras still on master when I tried to do the FW update to the Profilux and that may have botched the update… I can't honestly say if they were all set to slave at that point. I know when I first added the card one was still on master as I had a little disco in the fish room until I changed it.

Thank you for the help though. I will tackle it when I get back home.