Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Newfoundland

Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 AM

Katie3G is on a distinguished road

Sounds like fun. What do you have planned?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie3G View Post
Sounds like fun. What do you have planned?

well i just finished putting the tank together yesterday and i will be doing the overflow here asap......finished product will be a zoanthid dominated cube havent thought on livestock yet ive always been one to keep it down to a minimum so i would guess a pair of clowns more then likely cinnamon clowns and a pair of bangai cardinals maybe a mandarin if i can make it to the 1 year mark

im going to be setting up some frag tanks as well will be mostly zoas and lps so theres some plans in the works to be had here soon theres a new reef club in the city it just started and i will be going wed evening plus it seems alot of new people are joing this site from here so thats always good too
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
right on sounds cool i hope we get to see some pics soon i just started building a 24 " cube tank complete custom build with lots of little goodies planned hehehehe
Yeah, it's great to see people from Newfoundland on here and I hope we get to see more from them. Just a reminder to all that we now have a reef club (meeting this Wednesday at the Newfoundland Hotel at 7 PM in the bar!) and a reef club blog at nlreefers.blogspot.com so join up, send us some pics of your tank(s) and I'll put them up with everyone else's (just mine currently, haha). Great to see more involvement from the Rock!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:13 PM

Katie3G is on a distinguished road

Reefwars, a tank of zoa's sounds very nice. I love the brightly coloured zoa's. Unforuntately they seem difficult to obtain. Where are you planning on getting your zoa's?

I don't have any photos of my tanks yet. Perhaps in the near future - but no promises.

Last edited by Katie3G; 02-22-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie3G View Post
Reefwars, a tank of zoa's sounds very nice. I love the brightly coloured zoa's. Unforuntately they seem difficult to obtain. Where are you planning on getting your zoa's?

I don't have a photos of my tanks yet. Perhaps in the near future - but now promises.

def wont be getting them here lol as ive noticed maybe 3-4 different kinds so that wont fly lol so as luck would have it i know some people and will be getting them shipped to me....the beauty of zoas are they are hardy shippers for the most part, and alot of times are just shipped in wet newspaperi wil be buying colonys and fragging them to smaller pieces and im going to try and stay with the theme of affodable zoas thas going around out west as i honestly hate the high pricing of things and know for a fact it can be alot cheaper.....alot of the stores are putting a very very high mark up on their livestock....makes me sad and a little mad
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM

hippo! is on a distinguished road

Welcome Katie!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlreefguy View Post
meeting this Wednesday at the Newfoundland Hotel at 7 PM in the bar!
what better spot to meet could there be??

that reminds me to going to Aguarium Fanatics (local LFS) they were located next to Chess's Fish and Chip take-out always had a chuckle at that (sorry off topic)
Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo! View Post
what better spot to meet could there be??

that reminds me to going to Aguarium Fanatics (local LFS) they were located next to Chess's Fish and Chip take-out always had a chuckle at that (sorry off topic)

Anybody have any idea of what happened to them, by the way? They had a great store and then they just disappeared. Did they just move or are they our of business?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 PM

store closed down but they are still around

did have a nice shop though, loved the display.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 AM

Yeah, they had one of the nicest tanks I've ever seen, bar none. Lots of interesting fish and corals always in stock - best store in town, really. Too bad they had to close, small market I guess.