Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

Cars (VW's mostly, always had a soft spot for them), snowboarding and well my tanks. Also going to dj shows/concerts.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamarama View Post
I was actually considering putting my lab/border collie in flyball as she has a tennis ball infatuation not sure if she could do it though eep missed my dogs as a hobby have a mini wiener also and we all walk and run at our local offleash park daily
I wish we had an offleash park here for that. Its kind of tough right now too as its like -15 or -20 out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
We've trained a labradoodle, so anything can learn Pretty much any dog can do it!

Id love to do some sort of agility with mine as they all seem to love to run. Problem is everytime I get running around with them I cant help but laugh, then I stumble and fall over laughing and get attacked with tounges in ears and up my nose, its like the worst wet willy ever. They love chasing things, one of them would be fun to watch trying that long jump thing into water. She wouldnt go far but shed go full tilt off the end of a dock if you throw something for her. I really like the agility course too, weaving. Fun stuff. They just have such a low ground clearance, the jumps may be an issue. You have any suggestions for reading or anything that gives a person an idea on how to get started in training them for that or setting up a training path? There smart enough for it, im the one that needs to learn. Thanks.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"
Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Photography is probably my next one after aquariums but recently I've been getting pretty hard into RC helicopters and trucks. I highly recommend everyone go buy a decent starter RC truck from a hobby store, like the Traxxas Stampede 1:10 scale electric. Only $200 and tonnes of fun, 100% submersible so snow or ran still works great.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:16 PM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

Target shooting, R/C, and lately exploring the world of pyrotechnics and sugar rockets.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

I play competitive foosball, I like Mini coopers (I have 3), I love playing with my kids and just hanging out at home. I don't know if you cal traveling a hobby but our family loves traveling. My son is 5yrs old and he's been on almost 50 flights.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

In no particular order.. photography, growing orchids, 2000 gallon koi pond out back, building models (mostly spaceships), Mountain biking, snowboarding, jogging, guitar.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:41 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

lets see, besides my reef, I have a 25gal freshwater tank, I also spent lots of time hunting & fishing. I got my private pilot's licence a few years ago, but since the birth of my son & building a house I haven't been flying in 2 years. I also read, play pool, quad, and no idea what else takes up my time. I am trying to get into wood working a little bit now too.

For the one that plays Magic, I did that tons around 15years ago, still have my cards, going back to beta edition through to an edition past ice age.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:43 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

I like to build and turbo my hondas lol, snowboarding, hiking, fishing, cod black ops, and spend time with the gf. Just starting photography at the moment.

Last edited by riceboy; 12-06-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:43 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
In no particular order.. photography, growing orchids, 2000 gallon koi pond out back, building models (mostly spaceships), Mountain biking, snowboarding, jogging, guitar.
Sweet, you have a giant Koi pond. We have a pond in our front yard. We were going to tear up the majority of our backyard this past summer for a huge pond but the kids wanted one more summer of a big yard before we dig it up for a huge pond. We are going to do a big pond next fall in the back. The front yard pond has been such a joy that we decided to do a pond in the backyard where we spend more time. Either way, we still get to enjoy our aquarium from the front yard or backyard
Old 12-06-2010, 02:44 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Woodworking, fishing, gardening and spending time up at the lake cabin with the family. I don't think the cabin is really a hobby but the copious beer drinking certainly is.