Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough
Default Tank induced stress?

Anyone else get nervous on the first fill? I've just realized I always suffer anxiety every time I fill a tank for the first time And I'm a week away still -lol
Old 11-14-2010, 08:57 PM

Seafan is on a distinguished road

Ha Ha, was thinking about this one all day so far too, and am alot further away than one week till fill. Hate to think of what i'll be like when the time actually comes. I can't even due outside leak tests on sump or tank as it will be winter. I can't think of any emergency plan that can get that much water out quickly, and as my daughter said to me, " mom that would be one very large Sham Wow". Anyways good luck on your fill .
Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

My emergency plan is to wear shorts 180g dumping in my livingroom would just be bad. Definately wearing shorts!!
Mostly nervous about the stand being straight, square and level.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I find that is a pretty stressful time too, although I'm not sure if I find that more stressful, or the stress I feel after adding a new tank inhabitant to an existing mix and the whole "they have to re-establish a new pecking order" that lasts anywhere from 3 days to a week or thereabouts (or at least has been in that timeframe for me). That first day in particular where I see the hazing go on I usually have a terrible time watching that and have a whole "OMG OMG I've made a mistake, I have to intervene" mentality going on.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Anyone else get nervous on the first fill? I've just realized I always suffer anxiety every time I fill a tank for the first time And I'm a week away still -lol

Oh Yes! It's not the first day that bothers me.. It's that first night that gives me jitterz. All that new water being pushed around by all those new pumps all hooked together with new plumbing, and I'm sleeping???? Muhahaha
Old 11-17-2010, 03:02 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

It freaked me out as well. I was more worried about leaving the RODI running overnight and overflowing the tank. I knew it was impossible as it's only a 75 gpd unit but still, I didn't sleep for two days...

I didn't worry too much about the tank breaking, I'm kind of an optimist in that regard. Hey the tank broke, cool! I get new carpet, new dry wall, new TV...
Old 11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I wonder if anyone's ever gotten a faulty membrane that somehow let their tank fill much faster than expected?

I had jitters with the 225 a bit. Because it's black silicone you can see the seams turn a bit white with the pulling in some spots and that really freaks me out. I would inspect those spots all the time but no issues.

Now the 400 that I had started to build was a different story. My stand made all sorts of creaking sounds as I did the freshwater test and I was pretty damn scared.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I didn't worry too much about the tank breaking, I'm kind of an optimist in that regard. Hey the tank broke, cool! I get new carpet, new dry wall, new TV...
I'll try to take that approach when my tank explodes
Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 PM

shrimpchips is on a distinguished road

I'm a week or so away too and I'm already freaking out about filling it up too.

Brett, if my stand made creaking sounds, I might have a panic attack.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

My tank shows how I am feeling. If something happens I feel like crap for days.