Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Auctions

Old 12-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Although the rules are quite clear, Albert and Spitfire are pretty much the same person, so the point is moot. Lol.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:30 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Warren,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
To clarify the rule,

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:49 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Umm, dare I suggest, due to it not being expressively detailed in the rules, that we would be subject to normal online auction etiquette? ie. xx:59 seconds is the last possible valid time to count bids with xx:00 being the close of the auction? Because if we are, I see no debate here. And if that is not the case, well that's just a big can of worms, isn't it
Old 01-09-2016, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Umm, dare I suggest, due to it not being expressively detailed in the rules, that we would be subject to normal online auction etiquette? ie. xx:59 seconds is the last possible valid time to count bids with xx:00 being the close of the auction? Because if we are, I see no debate here. And if that is not the case, well that's just a big can of worms, isn't it
Sorry Albert, I didn't notice your comment. I can't see "seconds", can you somehow? That's the reasoning behind the "last man standing" rule when bids are made in the last minute.

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:29 AM

dcw1sfu is on a distinguished road

There are other Facebook auction groups that add a stipulation in that each bid will add some additional time to the end time clock in a way that can create a bidding war at the end of an auction that mat go past the actual end time.

Example: Auction ends at 21:00. Person A bids at 20:59 this gives an aditional bid window of 3 mins for another bid to be placed (up until 21:02) Person B now bids higher at 2101 thus giving another 3 min window for someone to outbid (21:04)

It's a suggestion if it makes sense and adds a little excitement at the end of a auction. And good for both seller and buyer in the end.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:20 AM
Good Guy Albert

Quote:
Sorry Albert, I didn't notice your comment. I can't see "seconds", can you somehow? That's the reasoning behind the "last man standing" rule when bids are made in the last minute.
I can't, however, by process of elimination, it would seem that xx:59 would qualify as a bid made under xx:00 with the the bids being noted sequentially as posted. Not trying to be cheeky here.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I can't, however, by process of elimination, it would seem that xx:59 would qualify as a bid made under xx:00 with the the bids being noted sequentially as posted. Not trying to be cheeky here.
It doesn't really matter because we've chosen to run the auctions in the "last man standing" fashion.

Do you dislike this rule? If so, what do you dislike and is that from a buyer or seller perspective?

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:31 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is how it's done on coral hoarders we also have no seconds but pretty easy like Albert said last bid in that last minute would win. I'm sure you could also look up the time stamp. This is what I do on COral hoarders and it does give exact time of post.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Good Guy Albert

Quote:
It doesn't really matter because we've chosen to run the auctions in the "last man standing" fashion.

Do you dislike this rule? If so, what do you dislike and is that from a buyer or seller perspective?
I don't follow? What do you mean "last man standing"? How does that clarify the timestamp?
Old 01-09-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I don't follow? What do you mean "last man standing"? How does that clarify the timestamp?
We don't care about the time stamp because of guideline #6:

6) When two members make an identical "winning" bid on the same minute, the auction will remain open for these two bidders only for a bidding war - until a winning bid is achieved. At this time, if a bidder fails to post a bid increase within 24 hours, that bidder is considered resigned from the auction.

SPS fanatic.