Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-20-2014, 07:40 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

K so here's some pics of what some of my remaining corals look like and what it was when it wa healthy. It's rly pale n looks like it's dried out of water for a day. Some others that I didn't take pics of r all brown. Sps doctors please diagnose

Mybe my rowaphos did pull out the nutrient too fast n pales my sps but how does it explain my other sps brown and still so muh algae alive? My green hulk colony is still lush green as ever. This thing is a tank
Old 10-20-2014, 01:14 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

It looks like lighting may have something to do with your sps browning out. If it was me, I would add a lot more flow and light to your tank. Just my opinion
Old 10-20-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
It looks like lighting may have something to do with your sps browning out. If it was me, I would add a lot more flow and light to your tank. Just my opinion
Wouldn't adding another fixture now cause the algae to go full blown? Maybe I should do another 3-4 day blackout again. My sps are already all messed up anyways. If darkness will stress them out further then what can I do right
Old 10-21-2014, 02:57 AM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road

Hey there, I have a full bottle of algae fix 473 ml and a little in a small bottle,I give to you for a 20$... I refuse to use them, I don't even know why I got them, I'll stick to water change and manual removal of the algae, and focus on what really is the cause of the algae bloom... But if you want the algae fix let me know, is no use for me....
Old 10-21-2014, 04:32 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Wouldn't adding another fixture now cause the algae to go full blown? Maybe I should do another 3-4 day blackout again. My sps are already all messed up anyways. If darkness will stress them out further then what can I do right
Well if you do add more light just do it slowly over time. If your water parameters are in check algae shouldn't get any worse, and it might benefit your coral quite a bit. If you do what has been recommended above and add some light I think it would help a lot. Just my 2 cents. Hope you find a solution
Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galizio View Post
Hey there, I have a full bottle of algae fix 473 ml and a little in a small bottle,I give to you for a 20$... I refuse to use them, I don't even know why I got them, I'll stick to water change and manual removal of the algae, and focus on what really is the cause of the algae bloom... But if you want the algae fix let me know, is no use for me....
Perfect! I'm gonna try another total black out first if it fails I'll grab this from u for sure

Thinking about ordering these lights. What u guys think http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2pcs-New165W-...item2c7ab3f7ab
Old 10-21-2014, 07:11 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

If you are running out of room open up the rock work. I would maybe trade off some bigger LPS Frogspawn, Hammer corals so you can open for more flow and jack it up. Just a thought its not going to solve your problem with your lights but getting the flow up might help in the battling of etra nutrients and less a build up of detruis in your tank and help of getting into those hard to reach places to siphon out.

Last edited by Skimmerking; 10-21-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 PM

I don't think lights is my only problems cuz my tank was beautiful before under the same light.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:48 PM

zoapaly is on a distinguished road

I had same problem , i did 80% to 100% water change it work for me
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 PM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Perfect! I'm gonna try another total black out first if it fails I'll grab this from u for sure

Thinking about ordering these lights. What u guys think http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2pcs-New165W-...item2c7ab3f7ab

Ok, no problem, let me know, hopefully you can get the algae under control without using algae fix....
Those lights looks good and a good price, I always look at those on eBay, I wonder if they are any good.....