Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your switch to LED?
Happy - Switched from MH to DIY 7 12.28%
Happy - Switched from T5 to DIY 6 10.53%
Happy - Switched from MH to store bought 19 33.33%
Happy - Switched from T5 to stor bought 8 14.04%
Unhappy - Switched from MH to DIY 0 0%
Unhappy - Switched from T5 to DIY 0 0%
Unhappy - Switched from MH to store bought 4 7.02%
Unhappy - Switched from T5 to store bought 5 8.77%
Happy - this is my first light 7 12.28%
Unhappy - this is my first light 3 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2011, 03:52 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

With new BC hydro Smart Meters people have thier hydro bill almost doubled so i guess when BC Hydro will push these on us we will have to switch to LED LOL.

Now the next question, do the LED fixtures emmit any RF?

The easy way to check is to get an old AM radio, set it in between the stations and then get closer to the LED fixture, if noise geting lauder that means the LED fixture emmits RF. With more RF, EMF and ELF a lot of people are getting sick and have head achkes from these frequencies.
As you know power of the signal is not as important in this aspect as much as the frequency it emmits. If the frequency is just right to vibrate the cells it could be very serious. because our bodyes are electric in nature.

http://www.citizensforsafetechnology...llation,2,1109
http://www.citizensforsafetechnology...illance,2,1123
Old 07-09-2011, 04:14 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlreefguy View Post
Very true, I built mine in stages and it is less than optimal but I'm still happy with it. I sure will help you when you get yours.... no problem. I just love building them and seeing the end result from doing something with your own hands that everyone is happy with.
Fred you should build me one old cocky
Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

Haha.... now what would a guy in Manitoba know about "old cocky"??? lol But if you were here I'd build you one in an instant, me old trout.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
With new BC hydro Smart Meters people have thier hydro bill almost doubled so i guess when BC Hydro will push these on us we will have to switch to LED LOL.

Now the next question, do the LED fixtures emmit any RF?

The easy way to check is to get an old AM radio, set it in between the stations and then get closer to the LED fixture, if noise geting lauder that means the LED fixture emmits RF. With more RF, EMF and ELF a lot of people are getting sick and have head achkes from these frequencies.
As you know power of the signal is not as important in this aspect as much as the frequency it emmits. If the frequency is just right to vibrate the cells it could be very serious. because our bodyes are electric in nature.

http://www.citizensforsafetechnology...llation,2,1109
http://www.citizensforsafetechnology...illance,2,1123

LED fixtures & RF emmissions? You can't imagine the stuff that's bombarding us constantly from satellites, radar & all the other hi tech devices we can't seem to do without these days. A 'smart' meter or light fixture are the least of your worries, particularly LED. LEDs are DC voltage (very low voltage I might add) devices which means constant current, no frequency, hence nothing even close to any kind of RF. Your halide & fluorescent fixtures are more likely to produce anything akin to RF, not to mention very high voltage. Are you going to stop using your cell phone? There's definitely some RF emitting from that, it is a transmitter/receiver after all.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie View Post
I know this thread is about aquarium specific LED systems but I just cannot come up with the $ for a complete set up. I am currently running mh on both my systems, have a fan built into canopy on both and have no problem with temp. I am however going try some cheap led strip lights from ikea to compliment my atinics. Going with this one to see how diferent colors look in the tank, maybe as moon lights.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50192365

Will update on my opinion of them once installed
Got these lights today from Ikea. only good as a moon light but for $40+tax its a little to much for a moon light, the light goes right back to Sweden (China)
Did not even make a dent when main light is ON even when actinics only are ON still couldn't even notice any change.
Don't bother with this one.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:28 AM

chewie is on a distinguished road
Default Ikea led

Thanks for the heads up, was going this weekend to pick up. How deep is your tank, how high above water did you mount etc...?
Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie View Post
Thanks for the heads up, was going this weekend to pick up. How deep is your tank, how high above water did you mount etc...?

My tank is 24" high less sand and 1" below the rim so say 22" of water.
I held it right on top of the central brace about 1.5" above water.
At that point there was no visible change.

When ALL (MH and actinics ) were off it was interesting to see what LED color brings out what in the tank while changing the LED from white, yellow, green, light blue, blue, pink to red.

If you still planning to try it out, it is on the display at Ikea but not on the shelve. Talk to the pple in the Lighting dep. they will print out a pick up form. Then after you pay at the front, you can pick it up at the main level by the furniture pickup area past the returns desk. I had to wait for at least 15 min to get it though.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Are you going to stop using your cell phone? There's definitely some RF emitting from that, it is a transmitter/receiver after all.
Thanks for the heads up. I stopped using cell phone back in 2001. Never trusted corporate "studies" Motorola or BC hydro whatever they tell us The opposite is true 99% of the time.