Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator
Default Dometic RV fridge recall

Some nice people came by and bought my tent trailer, but they had a sad story on how and why they bought it. Turns out they had a 5th wheel they bought last summer was plugged in right beside their house right before the May long weekend the fridge caught fire and burnt their trailer down as well as burnt their house down in the middle of the night they got out with the clothes on their backs. So to rebuild they have recieved some money from insurance to buy a tent trailer and get away for some RnR. Their house and trailer are still sitting a charred remains pending investigation from Dometic which are dragging there feet. Very nice people they are getting back on their feet.
Anywho she told me about the fridge recall and this thing is huge lots of fires. There is only 2 fridge manufacturers Dometic and Norcold so best be checking your fridge to see if it is on the recall notice big range of recalls from 1997-2006 turns out mine is on the recall notice so I got to get it fixed.

Check here Official Dometic Recall http://www2.dometicusa.com/recall.php
Appartently this has been going on for a couple years here is some reading for ya http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...pging/1/page/1
Some pics of what could happen RV.Net Open Roads Forum: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...g/1/page/1.cfm

The recall goes even farther I goes when your fridge was built NOT when your trailer was built there is some 08 that are affected by this

A woman got a hold of me from global news today thru the people who trailer and house burnt down and is doing a story to try and save some lives so watch global news tonight or tomorrow it should be on

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!

Last edited by Murminator; 08-06-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

Here is what to look for if yours has been done or not...I found these on the net

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!