Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-18-2010, 07:34 PM

fencer is on a distinguished road

Yes get a booster pump. Not only will it increase your rate, Your rate will go up from 1:8 to 1:4. Most houses in Edmonton do no posess the proper pressures to run a RO/DI unit.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

like has been mentiond temp and water PSI are huge factors. temp should be ok right now, but most membrains are rated at 60PSI a 100GPD filter rated at 60 PSI will deverly drop the output at 40PSI, and at aprox 35PSI won't work.

also there are some unscrouplous membrain rebranders out there that are taking the 90PSI rating and marketing them as that. so a 100gpd membrain is realy only a 65 GPD membrain at the standard rating of 60PSI. lots of things could be causing the problems.. the first thing is to get a pressure gage to tell you what you what you PSI at the tap is. don't waist money on a booster pump if tyou don't need it. so make sure that is the problem befor you buy it. then you have to get a booster pump that will supply the rated output at 100 PSI so a 100 gpd needs a supply of 500gal per day at 100 PSI which is 20GPH at 100 psi, or 0.35 gal per min at 100 PSI other wise you won't get full pressure which will drop your output.

My boost pump is a 3/4HP pump with a regualtor which is adjustible as I was running 320 GPD membrain (two 160's) and I only had 40 PSI water PSI int he old house which would give me about 10 gal per day...

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.