Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbyremote View Post
I have a Lifereef skimmer and it is great. Had euro reef and swc 160 before that was reasonably happy with them except euro reef was loud and the swc, regardless how adjusted, always gunned up the neck. The Life reef was a big improvement on both counts. And it really pulls the organics out. It has been great.
What model, what pump, how loud?
Old 08-26-2014, 04:40 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

And truth be told, I look at Lifereef's site and visual OCD kicks in and makes me leave. Worst site ever.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:43 AM

reefbyremote is on a distinguished road

It's a vs2-24 in sump with a mag drive 9 pump. I don't find it noisy at all. My eheim 1262 return pump is louder.

Yes the site sucks. But how many companies in this hobby can you call and speak to the actual owner and at the same time the manufacturer?
Old 08-26-2014, 04:49 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
It's a vs2-24 in sump with a mag drive 9 pump. I don't find it noisy at all. My eheim 1262 return pump is louder.

Yes the site sucks. But how many companies in this hobby can you call and speak to the actual owner and at the same time the manufacturer?
Mag pumps, as pumps go, are fairly loud. I have a mag 3 on my reactor and it's the loudest thing in the tank.

As for support, that's all great, but I hope to never have to speak to the owner But ya, good feature if you need it.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:53 AM
Just a guy..

However, being all old school and stuff, I do think injected skimmers beat the various wheel designs.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:54 AM

I always thought eheim was supposed to be quiet but it is way louder. As were the swc and the euro reef. If you want you can also buy it without the pump and use the pump of your choice as it is a Venturi skimmer. No pin wheel pump needed. Just something of the proper size to push the water.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:59 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
I always thought eheim was supposed to be quiet but it is way louder. As were the swc and the euro reef. If you want you can also buy it without the pump and use the pump of your choice as it is a Venturi skimmer. No pin wheel pump needed. Just something of the proper size to push the water.
Something to think about for sure. Ya, I just moved a tank for someone, it has an eheim pump for return. Loudest pump I've heard in a while -lol
I have heard (or rather, not) eheims in setups that didn't sound like they were running.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:02 AM

Man, now you have me thinking return pumps and more $$! Time to call it a night!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 AM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I'm now running a Lifereef VSV-48. Best skimmer yet. Running a Waveline DC12000 on it and... Woweeeeeee! lol
But at over 48" tall, didn't think your wife would appreciate it, hahaha. Thus I didn't mention it
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
I'm now running a Lifereef VSV-48. Best skimmer yet. Running a Waveline DC12000 on it and... Woweeeeeee! lol
But at over 48" tall, didn't think your wife would appreciate it, hahaha. Thus I didn't mention it
Dom, something that tall will outperform anything else around. If I had a sump room, I'd be using a 6' air driven skimmer.