Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

View Poll Results: Vote for "Most Innovative"
Chaloupa's 5.5G Primary Colors Tank 9 10.59%
superduperwesman's 10G Plate coral Nano Tank 59 69.41%
sphelps 10G Intelligent Reef 13 15.29%
Rocketlily's Damsel in Zoanthidland 10g Nano 3 3.53%
noirsphynx's 10g Nano Reef 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2009, 03:08 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

I also found that a little strange, why would ten people choose to vote in the one pole but not the other. I don't want to say it but something smells fishy
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
I actually found the most innovative tank wasn't actually the tank itself. So I didn't vote.
I'm confused? Like you thought the "Most Innovative" category is specific to the tank itself? If so I'd say sphelps tried something new for starting from a standard 10 gallon, but like I said.. I'm confused?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I also found that a little strange, why would ten people choose to vote in the one pole but not the other. I don't want to say it but something smells fishy
ahah I never thought of that but now that you mention it... seems a little odd ahah. But like I said... maybe it's just that less people are interested in this category or they don't think anyone was innovative so they just decided not to vote.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
ahah I never thought of that but now that you mention it... seems a little odd ahah. But like I said... maybe it's just that less people are interested in this category or they don't think anyone was innovative so they just decided not to vote.
Yeah you're probably right, I probably shouldn't have said anything
Old 04-21-2009, 03:20 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Well considering the budget was for the tank itself, then the most innovative tank would be the tank. Spending an extra grand on a neat stand and water system is kind of out of the realm of the competition IMO.

I'm not starting anything here, I'm just sayin..your system is totally innovative, its that I thought this was supposed to be a nano tank contest, so I was looking at the tanks themselves.

It wasn't that I didn't think anyone was innovative, I just couldn't decide so I didn't vote.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Well considering the budget was for the tank itself, then the most innovative tank would be the tank. Spending an extra grand on a neat stand and water system is kind of out of the realm of the competition IMO.

I'm not starting anything here, I'm just sayin..your system is totally innovative, its that I thought this was supposed to be a nano tank contest, so I was looking at the tanks themselves.

It wasn't that I didn't think anyone was innovative, I just couldn't decide so I didn't vote.
Dang with that reasoning you totally should have voted for me
Old 04-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Dang with that reasoning you totally should have voted for me
LOL

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:

Fair enough but personally I think you should still be able to make a call between the tanks. Even if you want to ignore the stands I think I could make a decision between internal over flow, external overflow, tank mod, and rock work. I wouldn't exactly call any of these things cutting edge but I think they are all the implementation of ideas that are some what new or at least slightly new approaches on /variations of an existing idea and that should be able to render a best from selection vote, also not trying to start anything.... just confused but we all think differently

And at the end of the day I just wanted something to hide all my nano tank's junk in because part of the budget or not I didn't want to make my house look like a mess for the contest, which tanks have a tendency to do ahah

Last edited by superduperwesman; 04-21-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Staff

yep I totally hear what you're saying. I went through the threads again with exactly that in mind. And voted

My 180 Build

Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
yep I totally hear what you're saying. I went through the threads again with exactly that in mind. And voted
and you enjoyed it. Who doesn't like checking the lil circle and clicking the vote button