Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 12-27-2008, 05:29 PM

J.Lloy is on a distinguished road

You will want to consider the tank location for summer. Is the room going to get hot? A lid keeps water in but I find it also limits the tanks ability to cool. Don't know if that will be an issue or not.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:33 PM

makana is on a distinguished road

I considered that as well. Being such a small tank evaporation could be deadly over a weekend. So my plan is to monitor tank temp in the early days of summer. If it looks like it will be a problem then I will be leaving the ac on to match my current tank temp.

My goal is to be able to go camping without having to find someone to come over and take care of my tank. If I have to I will rig up some sort of auto top off.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:59 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

If I were you I would start a new thread describing your lid and how it fits and your concerns regarding gas exchange/evaporation etc.

There are lots of people here with experience on lids. I think this thread has run it's course. Also nano-reef.com is the premier site regarding nano tanks. Try the hidden google search on that site to get any answer you need nano wise.
http://www.nano-reef.com/search/

Also the dead crab might have been a molt. With a flashlight look at your rocks a few hours after the lights are out and you will experience a whole new side of your tank you haven't seen before. Good luck with the reef!

Last edited by Snaz; 12-27-2008 at 06:08 PM.